MeVee Live-Streaming Video App
Have you heard about the new live streaming video app, MeVee? I just learned about it myself a couple of weeks ago because it’s just rolling out now. It’s brand new, and it is so fun!
What makes it different is that you stream your video live as you record. Not only that but people who are using the app can view your stream and comment to you in real-time! Or give you stars for encouragement, as you can see on the right hand side of the screen below. After you’ve recorded your stream, you can save it (unlike Periscope where it disappears) or you can delete it if you don’t love it. Plus you can tweet it or post it to Facebook directly from the app. Easy peasy!
As a blogger, I like it because I can embed the streams into my posts, and my readers don’t have to have the MeVee app to watch it….though you may very well want to get your own app to make your own streams.
MeVee is great to use when you’re doing something that you want to share with friends or with the world. If you’re watching news happen or creating news yourself, let people know about it!
So far, I’ve made a couple of streams, and one of them is posted below. If you watch it, you’ll see me laughing. A couple of people were watching and commenting directly on my stream as I was recording (at midnight no less!), and I couldn’t help laughing as I recorded. It’s so much fun to see comments appear on the bottom of the screen. I think I tried to answer one of the commenters as I continued talking, lol.
I think MeVee would be great to use when you want opinions on say, which outfit to wear, or which lipstick shade to go with. You can live stream your question, and get some input from the community! As far as I know, there’s nothing like it!
Definitely check it out the MeVee website, watch some of the streams, and download your own MeVee app from the app store on your iPhone. Right now in the early stage of its life, I think MeVee is limited to the iPhone, but I’m sure they’ve got plans to make it work for all phones.
Once you download the app, you set up your account. Then to make a stream, you just open the MeVee app, hit the green record/camera button at the bottom of the screen, name your stream (something I keep forgetting to do!), and go live! Your stream is broadcast worldwide. Whoa. Or if you prefer, you can live stream privately with a friend or a group. Then you can share it if you like, stream another video or come back another time. In addition, you can watch streams from people everywhere and discover fun, interesting and even newsworthy moments. I think you’ll have fun with it. Let me know what you think 💡 😀 and let me know so I can follow you! I need more followers and people to follow!!
MeVee generously gave me a subscription to Birchbox for being one of the early adopters of their new app. I think it was a win-win for me! I got to know about MeVee, plus I got a subscription to Birchbox that I’ve wanted for the past year or so.
I decided to make my second MeVee live stream an unboxing video. I went out Friday night, and when I got home, I got my Birchbox out of the mailbox. I couldn’t wait till the next morning to open it, so I made my stream at about midnight as I mentioned earlier.
Here it is. Click and take a look!
I’m still getting up to speed on Birchbox. It’s similar to ipsy, but different in some ways. Each month for $10, you receive 5 beauty products, a mix of deluxe sample size or full size. Instead of coming in an ipsy bag, Birchbox comes in a…you guessed it, box! Every month the box has a different design and color scheme. Like ipsy, you take a survey and your box gets tailored to your tastes. The survey also asks you about your preferences for “bonus” gifts that may be cosmetics or they may be something other than beauty gifts, e.g. snacks, accessories, pet gifts even!
By reviewing products and referring friends, you accrue Birchbox points that can be redeemed for beauty products. You can purchase beauty products from the Birchbox store, many of which have free shipping, something I really appreciate. Plus, you accrue points for your purchases, 10 points for every $1 spent. In my welcome box, I received a $10 gift card to use when I purchase $35+ in the Birchbox shop. Nice.
Another nice thing about Birchbox is that they include a product card in the monthly box that describes each product and gives the price of a full size product. That’s something that I have always wanted ipsy to do. Can’t understand why if Birchbox and Beauty Box 5 can do it, why ipsy can’t?
If you haven’t watched my MeVee yet, then let’s take a look at what I got in my first Birchbox:
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle hair care, deluxe sample I’m guessing it’s about 2 oz and worth about $5.50
- Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm, deluxe sample worth $3.50
- Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner in black of course, full size, $16
- Catherine Malandrino Romance de Provence fragrance, sample vial
- Soap & Paper Factory Shea Butter Hand Cream in Green Tea, deluxe sample worth about $5.60
So, one full size and 4 deluxe sample size products. OK. Good but not great. Nevertheless, the value of the $10 box was more than $30 not including the fragrance sample that’s too difficult to estimate.
I haven’t had a chance to use all of the products yet. But here are my first impressions:
- The perfume is not my type so I’ll have to pass it on or do something with it.
- I have so many hair products that I wasn’t excited to see the Beauty Protector spray, but it’s a leave-in that’s supposed to protect from heat, protect the color from fading and detangle so I’ve decided that I’ll be open minded and try it (in addition to John Frieda 3 Day Straight that I always use to reduce frizz and the Living Proof Instant Repair that I use on my ends). I’ll let you know if I’m impressed by it. The scent is heavenly, so I’m more psyched to try it once I smelled it!
- I haven’t tried the Eyeko Liquid Eyeliner yet. I have several liquid eyeliners with felt tips that I have trouble using. We’ll see if this felt tip liner with the fat tube is easier for me to handle.
- I can always use another hand cream for my purse. Even though it’s Green Tea hand cream, it has a floral scent, I guess to go with the cute floral print on the tube. The scent is a bit strong and not really my thing (though it fades over time), but it’s a greaseless, very hydrating hand cream which is great. Also it comes in at least 9 scents many of which sound wonderful.
- When I tried to get some of the Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm out of the tiny tube, I squeezed really hard and I blew out the other end of the tube. 😥 😯 👿 But I must say, the Dr. Lipp Miracle Lip Balm was the treasure in this meh box. I have severely dry lips, and this winter – even though it hasn’t been that cold yet – my lips have been even drier than usual. Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm has been the only thing I’ve tried lately that has healed my lips. For me, it’s been even better than the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask I just paid $26 for. I strongly recommend this lip balm, but it isn’t vegan, just so you know.
I think I filled out my survey after my first box was already in the works so I think I got a “generic” box rather than one tailored for me. Already I’m curious about what I’ll get next month to see if it’s more on target than this box. Nevertheless, getting turned on to Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm made the entire box so worth it!
If you haven’t tried Birchbox yet and want to give it a try, I’d be grateful if you’d use my referral code. xoxo If you’re already a Birchbox subscriber, what did you get in your Birchbox?Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty