I’m coming right out and saying it, I am very disappointed with the February Birchbox – both of ’em! This is only my second Birchbox, and it’s the first monthly box I received after getting the Welcome box last month. The Welcome box introduced me to one fabulous product and a couple of good ones, and had one loser, a perfume. Of course, a got another tiny perfume sample from the same designer and I hate this one too. A shame because I had high hopes for Birchbox 😥
The February Birchbox had two choices – Date Night (the box itself is cute!) – and a skincare box, and you had to go onto the website, watch a long, boring video and then wait a couple of weeks to pick your choice.
I dislike knowing in advance what I’m getting because it spoils the gift-like surprise for me. Plus, learning in advance that I didn’t like either box choice didn’t make me feel good about the coming box. I’m soooooo glad I didn’t pay for this subscription myself. OK, rant over. Maybe I’ll love next month’s box.
Date Night Birchbox
So, here’s what I got:
- Catherine Malandrino Romance de Provence perfume sample: It’s a pretty floral, but florals don’t work with my body chemistry. As I mentioned above, I got another perfume sample that I couldn’t use last month, boo
- Whisk Renewing Mud Mask, travel size: I love Whish, but my dry skin is usually too dry for a mud mask. I don’t really have big pores, but maybe I’ll try it on the few pores I have, or I’ll give it away.
- Amika Bombshell Blowout Spray, travel size: Please no more hair styling products. I seldom use them even though this might be a good one.
- OCC Lip Tar Matte, Harlot, a gorgeous red, one of the shades from the Test Tube Collection: You’d think I’d be so excited about this diminutive red lipstick, but I can’t wear it because it’s matte and drying, and I can’t wear OCC Lip Tar because the peppermint oil in the formula dries out my lips. Sadly, this will go in the giveaway pile. 😥
- Cynthia Rowley Brightening Illuminator, sample: Finally, one thing in the box that I can use! It’s a pretty pinkish illuminator. Yay!
That’s it. No full size products at all, although the tiny Lip Tar (0.08 oz.) is the size it is sold in as part of the 12 piece Test Tube Collection.
Usually, I would figure out the value of the bag. Frankly, I don’t want to waste my time though it’s definitely worth much more than the $10 monthly cost. In spite of my rant about this month’s box, if you’re interesting in subscribing for $10/month, I’d be grateful if you’d use my referral code.
So, am I actly badly? Did you like your Birchbox this month?Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty