A couple of days ago, I wrote about my recent MAC mini-haul, and I showed swatches of MAC’s Satin Lipstick, Sushi Kiss.
I’m on the fence about it, although I’m beginning to think it’s a nice summer shade. The more I use it, the more it reminds me of the pale pastel, retro shades that were popular in the 1960s. Maybe I like it, a little.
Flora commented that she’d like to see Sushi Kiss used in a look. Seemed like a great idea, so yesterday I did just that. I pulled out my Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette and went to work.
Here’s the makeup I used:
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15, 2 Sand
- Judith August Orange Masking Creme
- Youngblood Luminous Creme Blush, Tropical Glow
- Urban Decay Anti-aging Primer Potion
- Prestige Cosmetics Total Intensity Eyeliner, Deepest Black: tightline
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eyeliner, Graphite: lower lash line
- MAC Paint Pot, Painterly: base
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette: Candied Peach – peach matte on the eyelid, Puree – mid tone brown matte in the crease & V
The peachy lids, cheeks and the peachy walls in my hallway change the way Sushi Kiss looks. It’s still a lighter shade of lipstick than I typically wear, but it is less jarring in peachy context than wearing it on its own with other more random shades. So in the future I’ll reach for it whenever I do a summer peach look.
Would you wear this shade?
Copyright 2017 Never Say Die Beauty