Since I started Never Say Die Beauty, I have really tried a lot, and I mean a lot, of beauty products. Probably more just this year than in the entire rest of my life! 😳 😆 Because it’s the end of the year, I wanted to put together a list of the products that I enjoyed the most in 2014.
My list includes the best beauty products that I myself started using in 2014. They may not be brand new, but they were new to me. Some of the products are ones that I’ve mentioned previously, but if this a “best of beauty”, they deserve to be mentioned again. And I have added some that I haven’t “reviewed” before.
Lift Labs Skin Regeneration
- Lift Labs Purify & Clarify: This cream cleanser does double duty as a light exfoliator and masque. It feels so good on my skin, I massage it on for a light exfoliation every day, and at night, leave it on for 5 minutes as a daily masque. $65
- Lift Labs Lift & Moisturize: I adore this moisturizer. I love it so much it got me to spend much more money on skincare than I ever have. This moisturizer is not at all greasy and makes my skin feel so hydrated and smooth. It does have dimethicone in it, so if you can’t do that ingredient, skip it. It’s fine for my skin. I can’t do without Lift & Moisturize. For me, it’s worth the splurge. $145
- NeoCell Collagen +HA Capsules: I’ve had good luck taking NeoCell Collagen +HA capsules. Truth be told, I’m taking a half dose (2 capsules a day) because I can never remember to take them twice a day. Nevertheless, my skin is more hydrated and firmer looking when I take it. The bonus is that my poor knees that have suffered through 30 years of jogging feel better when I take it, too. About $12-14 for 120 capsules
- Darshana Natural Indian Hair Oil: Darshana is a prewash that is applied to hair at least 30 minutes before washing or it can be applied and left on overnight. The shine and silkiness after using Darshana Indian Oil is beyond belief. And it doesn’t make my shower floor a slippery death trap. $18 for 2 oz or $38 for 6 oz.
- Just Natural Shampoo to Remove Buildup: Just Natural haircare products are just that: all natural and made with wonderful essential oils and other goodies. They also have a huge product line for all kinds of hair problems. The peppermint-scented Clarifying Shampoo that I love is used once a week or whenever to remove buildup from haircare products. But it’s gentle and it’s safe for color-treated hair. $28
- Makeup For Ever Mat Velvet Mattifying Foundation: I have super dry skin so I was surprised that the MUA at Sephora recommended a mattifying foundation for me, but it’s fine. It is easy to apply, has a smooth matte finish, feels lightweight, and lasts for many hours. $34-36
- Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer with Collagen and Vitamins C&K from IT Cosmetics: First surprise was that I bought shade Neutral Medium. I have really light skin so it amazed me that this shade was a perfect match. Bye Bye Under Eye provides full coverage but it takes just a teeny, tiny bit to cover dark circles. If your skin is dry like mine, make sure you moisturize your under eye area well before applying the concealer. Using a Beauty Blender or a brush makes application much easier, and check out the deal below to get an IT Cosmetics concealer brush with it for an extra $5. Concealer alone: $24
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer: Why do I need two concealers? LM Secret Camouflage is even stiffer and more opaque than Bye Bye Under Eye. It does a better job covering my dark spots that appear to be of a different composition than the rest of my skin. And speaking of two concealers, the Secret Camouflage contains two shades that you mix together. I don’t get too carried away with matching. I just stick my finger in the first shade to heat up and melt the concealer a little and then do the same with the next shade and pat on with my finger. $36
- theBalm How ‘Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette: I use this palette as blush, and I prefer cream blush for my dry skin. They’re easier to apply and blend. I love these 9 shades. They don’t disappear on my skin but provide a great looking flush. $34
- Viseart Neutral Matte Palette: I know I’ve mentioned this fabulous eye shadow palette twice before in Holiday Picks and Beauty Products I’m Thankful For. But it is so wonderful that I must mention it yet again because it is hands-down the best product I have purchased in 2014. 12 neutral shades some of which you can also use on eyebrows or for contouring. $80 if you can find it in stock at Sephora or Alcone Co.
- Jesse’s Girl Liquid Eyeliner Pen: I have a tough time applying liquid eyeliner on my older eyes. The felt tip eyeliner pen by Jesse’s Girl makes it easier. I liked it so much I bought one in black and one in brown. Love.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara: I am so grateful to L’Oreal for coming out with a new and improved wand and a new built-in fiber formula for their Voluminous Butterfly Mascara line. This is mascara perfection for me: adds both length and volume to my blonde eyelashes. Thank you, L’Oreal! $8.99-9.45
- City Lips Lip Plumper: I started using City Lips Lip Plumper in July, and it definitely made my lips fuller. However, they don’t keep growing fuller and fuller over time. I’ve reached my maximum fullness, lol! But the big benefit for me is that City Lips, chock full of collagen and HA, is the best lip hydrator I’ve ever used. Period. The end. $40 but often on sale for half that price
- Milani Anti-Feathering Lip Liner: Are you one of those women who has a different lip liner for every lipstick shade? I’m not. So thank goodness for Milani Anti-Feathering Lip Liner. The clear gel helps keep my lipstick and gloss from migrating for a few hours. $4.49
- Milani Power Lip: Power Lip in Macaron is the lipstick I reach for most often. It’s a cross between a liquid lipstick and a gloss, very hydrating, and stays on for quite a while unless I eat something. Love all the shades available. It has a built-in brush applicator that I prefer.
- Milani Lip Intense Liquid Lipstick: This liquid lipstick is a must for when I want a real punch of color. These shades will knock you out and certainly get you noticed. $6.49
- IT Cosmetics Brushes: I just got my first IT brush, the double-ended eye shadow brush, for patting shadow on and for blending. The IT Cosmetics brushes are unbelievably soft and thick. I wish I could buy the entire set. $24
- Beauty Blender: It is a great invention. Makes applying foundation so much easier. Just get one. $19.95
It was tough to limit my list to these 18 products. In fact, I should’ve added in the holiday mini lipsticks from Bite Beauty and, of course, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder but hey, I gotta stop somewhere.
So what are your favorites from 2014?Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 Never Say Die Beauty