During the summer, I got a chance to try out City Lips Lip Plumper (reviewed here), and it has become one of my favorite products of this year. I just finished up my first tube of clear, and started my next one. I have since purchased more clear that I wear every day and night, and I bought a tube of red, a beautiful shade called Holly.
City Cosmetics Total Eye Rejuvenating Serum
The eye serum is great! Period. The end. In fact, it is much more an eye cream than a traditional serum that I think of often as clear/translucent and thinner. I apply City Cosmetics Total Eye Rejuvenating Serum morning and night, and that’s all I need.
This substantial cream helps me achieve my goals:
- it doesn’t irritate my sensitive eyes and sensitive skin around my eyes
- it moisturizes and makes the skin around my eyes feel more comfortable
- it helps my crepey eyelids look firmer and tighter.
Although not my immediate concerns, City Cosmetics also says that it helps with:
- Crows feet, lines and wrinkles: hmm, not so much for me
- Dark circles and bags under eyes: thankfully, I don’t have under eye bags
- Eye crepiness: yes it does.
Here’s what City Cosmetics has to say about the product:
- “Fills in wrinkles and fine lines by replenishing hyaluronic acid and stimulating collagen synthesis
- Lifts and increases firmness of the eye lids making you appear more awake
- SYNAKE synthetic snake venom creates a Botox-like effect that reduces facial contractions and promotes firmer skin – wow, I didn’t know about the snake venom!
- Silk Tree Extract reduces puffiness and detoxifies the skin to diminish the appearance of dark circles and blemishes, giving you a better rested, more youthful appearance
- Haloxyl reduces the appearance of dark circles.”
City Cosmetics Total Eye Rejuvenating Serum comes in a 0.5 fl.oz/15 ml pump bottle which I love because it protects the efficacy of the ingredients and keeps things clean. Although I can’t tell how much is left in the bottle, it still feels quite heavy after more than three months. It typically costs $97 which is pricey, but you can sometimes find deals on City Cosmetics products that help make their products more affordable. It’s made in the US, and like all of the City Cosmetics products, it is cruelty-free. It is sold on the City Cosmetics website and on Amazon.
Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Dimethicone, Propanediol, Glycerin, Capryly Methicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Perfluorodecalin, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Decaoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprooyl Tetrapeptide-3, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Albizia Julibrissin Bark Extract, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Darutoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sucrose Palmitate, Sea Salt, Sodium Phytate, Titanium Dioxide, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Linoleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Steareth-20, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Dextran, Chrysin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol
City Cosmetics Illuminating Dark Spot Corrector
I’ve waited quite a while to write these two reviews because I wanted to give the Dark Spot Corrector an adequate amount of time to begin to work. As I mentioned, I have been using this product for just over three months.
At this point, City Cosmetics Illuminating Dark Spot Corrector has faded the freckles that I’ve had since childhood under my eyes which is quite amazing since I have had them for so long. It has been less effective in fading the dark spots that I developed more recently from sun exposure and damage. The spots from sun damage, especially one large one, seem to almost be a different type of skin, and I think nothing short of a photo-facial or surgery will get rid of them.
The Illuminating Dark Spot Corrector does have illuminating properties that glow and distract the eye so dark spots are less apparent.
This is what City Cosmetics has to say about the Dark Spot Corrector:
- “Say goodbye to dark spots, age spots, and acne scars with our Illuminating Dark Spot Corrector! Powerful enzymes break up pigment deposits in your skin, leaving you with a clear, even complexion. Meanwhile, the serum also reduces your body’s production of pigment, for incredible results that last
- Reduces the appearance of dark spots, age spots, sun spots, and acne marks
- Minimizes skin’s ability to produce excess pigment, delaying the onset of future dark spots
- Sepicalm-S calms skin, reducing redness, irritation, and inflammation, so you look your best at all hours of the day
- Alpha Arbutin minimizes the appearance of liver spots, visibly improves skin tone, and reduces skin’s reaction to UV exposure”.
As I said, I had some results but not complete. I intend to keep at it and finish up the bottle and reassess. I have read all the comments on their website, and some people appear to have had astonishing results for fading age spots and scars that sound real, so I intend to keep at it.
Like the Total Rejuvenating Eye Serum, it comes in a pump bottle which is great. It too contains 0.5 fl. oz/15 ml. Again, I can’t see how much is left, and I think I have used up more of this product to date than the eye serum but it could just be that it’s a lighter weight product than the eye serum.
That said, the Dark Spot Corrector is more what I consider a serum: it’s lightweight, flesh tone, and you can see the illuminating properties in the serum. It melts into my skin and dries quickly. It’s actually lovely.
City Cosmetics Illuminating Dark Spot Corrector is priced at $82. Again, it’s cruelty-free and made in the U.S. Available on the City Cosmetics website and on Amazon.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Magnesium Aspartate, Alcohol Denat., PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Sarcosine, Potassium Aspartate, Stearic Acid, Alpha-Arbutin, Polysorbate-60, C12-C15 Alkyl Benzoate, Undecylenoyl Phenylanine, Reveratrol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylacrylate, Dimethicone, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Allantoin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Ethylhexyglycerin, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth-6, Fragrance (Parfum)
Have you tried any of the City Cosmetics products yet? How have they worked for you??
On a different topic, have you entered the giveaway for Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! deep conditioning hair mask?? Get your hair in top shape for the holidays and enter here!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 Never Say Die Beauty