I know I’ve said this before, but I measure the passage of time in ipsy bags, and I got my September bag a couple of weeks ago. This year is just flying by! I wish it would slow down.
This month’s theme is Face Fashion, and all of my products were face makeup, skincare or beauty tools for the face. Good start.
The bag itself is a pretty bronze metallic heavy plastic bag with a herringbone design. Definitely on trend for Fall 2015. I like it.
I felt like the contents of my bag this month were kinda meh, though it was, in actuality, a good month with a lot of makeup. Frankly, it’s more me than ipsy’s fault. I have soooo much makeup now, I am hard to impress. I have to remember that the discounts that I could get from ipsy more than take care of the $10 monthly fee if I use them. In fact, I was traveling last week and forgot to use the 40% off CoverFX discount that expired at the end of September. Grrrrr. That was a great one.
So what did I get?
- NYX Shadow Trio cobranded with ipsy: 3 very pretty neutral shades that would put together a great smokey eye: rose gold, bronze, black, typically $6 but on sale now for $3 on NYX website
- City Color City Chic Lipstick, shade One Night Stand, raspberry purple, full size, $4.99
- Pixi Mini Brow Powder Trio: 3 very pretty shades for medium blonde to brunette, mini size worth approximately $4 I’m guessing (full size brow palette contains 6 larger size shades for $12)
- Crown Oval Concealer Brush C224, full size, regular price $7.45 now on sale for $2.98
- Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator, travel size 20g, $10
Because I have soooooo many eye shadow palettes including travel size palettes, I am gong to give away the NYX Shadow Trio as well as the Pixi Mini Brow Trio in shades that aren’t quite redhead shades. I’ve already worn the lipstick that’s in a shade that’s brighter than I usually wear, but great for a Fall sunny day.
I definitely will use the concealer brush. And though I’m swimming in skincare products, I will try the Vasanti exfoliating cream. So my giveaway pile did well this month, and I did OK too: three full-size products, one travel size and 1 good size mini. The value of my $10 bag is either $32.43 going with the products non-sale prices or $25 going with the sale prices. Either way, well over the 10 bucks I paid.
In case you’re thinking of signing up for ipsy or giving a subscription to someone else as a gift, I’d be grateful if you would use my ipsy referral code. Thank you xoxo
What did you get from ipsy this month? What did you think?Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty