At Open Studios in Newton MA in April, I bought a new pair of purple handcrafted earrings from one of the artisans. Jeff and I were going to the movies this rainy afternoon, and I decided to wear the earrings and do a purple face of the day inspired by my new earrings.
Because I was in a hurry, this was an on-the-fly purple look. I grabbed my handy Stila LE Under the Mistletoe Palette and a number of Jordana Cosmetics items that were close by including Jordana Dramatic Effects Mascara that I received a couple of months ago to try out. More on that in a minute.
So here’s my look:
Gee, you can’t see my purple earrings, lol!
Here’s what I’m wearing:
- DiorSkin Nude BB Cream Shade 001 mixed with CoverFX Custom Cover Drops P20
- Jordana ColorTint Blush Stick in Baby Pink
- Urban Decay Anti-Aging Primer Potion
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil After Dark Trio: Zero tightline, Voodoo lower lashline
- Stila LE Under the Mistletoe Palette: lid: garland with candy on top mid lid, snuggle V and crease
- Jordana Cat Eye Liner 03 Orchid on upper lashline
- Shiseido Lash Curler
- CoverGirl The SuperSizer Mascara
- Jordana Dramatic Effects Mascara, 55 Vivid Violet
Above, I mentioned that I received the entire range of Jordana Dramatic Effects Mascara to try out, 9 shades. Look at those gorgeous colors!
I’ve tried all of them, and unfortunately, they just do not show up on my blonde eyelashes. I was going to write a full review saying that they just don’t work, but then I saw a photo on Instagram of a dark-haired, dark-lashed young woman really rockin’ the purple mascara on her lower lashes. I mean, it looked fabulous! It worked perfectly on her. So I tried applying Vivid Violet to my lower lashes like she did. Nothing. I had applied CoverGirl The SuperSizer Mascara in Very Black to my upper lashes. I decided to put it on my lower lashes as well, and then try the colored mascara on top of it. No go. To be honest, I still didn’t see it. But maybe the problem is my blonde lashes, or maybe Jordana just needs to make a thicker colored formula. You still may want to give one of the shades a go, especially since they are so affordable, $2.99.
Meanwhile, I continue to adore the Jordana Cat Eye Liner. Orchid really pops and the color lasts and lasts.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty