My ipsy “Prep School” bag arrived right on time this month, and I say it’s a really good one. First, I love the plastic makeup bag with the houndstooth print. Houndstooth says “back to school” for me. Years ago when I was in middle school, my mom gave me a houndstooth skirt, I think, that had been hers, and it was the first time I had ever seen houndstooth. I remember thinking what a funny name for a fabric. I’ve loved it ever since.
This month, I will use everything in my bag. Now that’s pretty awesome! The contents run the gamut from skincare to haircare to nails to makeup. That covers just about everything!
Here’s the lowdown on what I received in my ipsy bag:
- Marc Anthony Argan Oil of Morocco 3 Day Smooth Perfect: This is the first Marc Anthony haircare product I have tried. When I first saw it, I wasn’t that excited since I have so much argan oil. But the scent is heavenly, and this product contains keratin. I put it in my dry frizzy hair, and it definitely makes a difference. And the smell… The tube is a deluxe sample with 0.7 fl. oz. that’s worth about $1.00. The full size bottle is priced at $8.99 for 6.76 fl. oz.
- Trust Fund Nail Lacquer in Elegantly Wasted: I’m not familiar with this brand, but I love the dark lilac shade and the packaging is very upscale looking. I haven’t tried it yet so I’ll report at a later date. They have great looking shades and glitters. The brand is non-toxic and cruelty-free. Full size. $15.
- Starlooks Pro Luxe Longwear Eye Liner Pen: Oh, another black eyeliner. Like I need another! But I am always on the lookout for a liquid eyeliner that’s easier for me to use. I tried this one, and it’s good. Unfortunately, I’m still not that skilled. My downturned eyes make it so hard to do a cat eye. Using this just on my upper lashline is fairly easy, however. It also comes in brown and eggplant. Now why didn’t I get one of those shades instead of another black one? Full size, 0.2 oz., $19.
- Hikari Lip Gloss: I tried a Hikari lipstick last year that also might have been in the same shade: Merlot, a deep wine shade that’ll be great for Fall. I’ve gotta see if I can find the lipstick. The gloss is really nice. I like it a lot. It’s not sticky and seems to last quite a while. It comes in 8 shades. Full size, $13.
- Eco-Beauty Good Night. Night Cream: I think I’ve tried another of the Eco-Beauty moisturizers in an earlier ipsy bag. They are nice, and I love the closable tube that this deluxe sample of 0.5 oz. comes in. The full size contains 1.7 oz and costs about $40, so the sample is worth about $10 or so. Eco-beauty made by LA Fresh is cruelty-free and made in the U.S.
I’m quite happy with the August Prep School ipsy bag. I adore the bag itself. And 3 full size products out of 5 this month is great. I estimate the bag is worth about $58, and I paid $10 for it with free shipping. I’d say it’s a fabulous deal this month! Plus, I noticed that I can get a discount on some really great brands, including 40% off any CoverFX product so I may have to go for their CC cream that I’ve wanted to try!! And I noticed that ipsy is selling the Too Faced Love Palette Collection with a bonus Shadow Insurance for $49 so that eye primer is free!
I still think ipsy is well worth the $10 a month. ipsy is advertising that there is no waiting list. If you haven’t subscribed and want to, I’d be grateful if you’d use my ipsy referral code. Thank you, mwah! And thank you to Maria who used my code to subscribe recently xoxo
And if you do subscribe, what did you get in your ipsy bag???Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty