I love herbs. I grow basil, thyme, cilantro, parsley, sage, rosemary, oregano, and lavender. They’re easy to grow. I love how they smell. I use them in cooking all the time. I’ve made sachets with the lavender. Herbs are my friends 😉
Because of my interest in herbs, I really wanted to try PurErb skincare products. They’re made with over 100 therapeutic herbs and botanical extracts. Bring ’em on!
I was sent PurErb Serenity Calming Moisturizer, definitely the result of herb-based skincare meets aromatherapy. This luxurious gel-cream nourishes and hydrates all skin types while calming stressed skin. With its heady, lasting herbal scent, it calms tensions and promotes relaxation. I can smell the lavender for sure. I thought there was rosemary in there too, but apparently the scent is from other ingredients.
I have trouble falling asleep. I take OTC sleeping pills, and I often still can’t fall asleep. I’ve tried lots of different things to help. On nights when I can’t sleep or if I’m annoyed by something, I reach for PurErb Serenity Calming Moisturizer No. 012. The scent is on the strong side, so if you prefer unscented skincare, this isn’t for you. But I have found that cleansing my skin and applying PurErb Serenity Calming Moisturizer really does help me relax and sleep.
So what is in this fragrant gel-cream? It’s jam-packed with all kinds of exotic ingredients!
- Madagascar Baobab, the source of vitamins A, D, E and F (vitamin F??) that help prevent environmental damage and nourish dry and aging skin
- African Marula with antioxidants and free fatty acids that hydrate and restore radiance as well as reduce the appearance of fine lines
- Edelweiss Stem Cells that provide anti-aging, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits (who knew the little flower of The Sound of Music fame was so useful?)
- Greek Helichrysum, also anti-inflammatory and helps repair skin
- Kakadu Plum, boosts collagen, reduces dark spots and with high levels of vitamin C, it prevents oxidative damage
- Bulgarian Rose, a rare and expensive essential oil that attracts and maintains moisture as well as providing an intoxicating scent for relaxation and tension relief that dispels negative emotions and thoughts
- Brazilian Rosewood that balances oily skin, improves skin elasticity and radiance while its scent encourages centeredness and lifts one’s mood
- Lavender, a calming scent.
In addition to the above ingredients, all PurErb skincare products are formulated with NLE, Natural Liposome Encapsulation. It’s a technology that helps bio-active ingredients maintain their efficacy so they can deliver both skin as well as aromatherapy benefits.
At first, I used PurErb Serenity Calming Moisturizer on nights when I couldn’t sleep, but I love the feel of the relatively heavyweight gel-cream that will be even more helpful this coming winter. I’ve also learned what the ingredients can do so I’ve been using it most nights. It can also be used during the day along with sunscreen.
The scent and calming benefits of PurErb Serenity Calming Moisturizer might bring you to this lovely moisturizer, but the benefits of the ingredients will quickly win you over. It comes in an amber glass jar in 1.75 oz. for $58 or 0.5 oz. for $20 so you can see how it works for you and how you like the scent before committing to a larger size. PurErb products do not contain gluten, parabens, sulfates, glycols, or artificial fragrance. Check out the PurErb website to see the entire skincare line and learn more about the products and the philosophy behind their creation.
Are you a fan of herbs? Would you try an aromatherapy-style moisturizer like this?
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty