Time has gotten away from me. I never got a chance to talk about my October ipsy bag, and now here’s November. So I’d like to show them both to you at once.
Alter Ego October 2015
I liked how the bag that’s gold on one side and black patent on the other fit the Alter Ego theme. Plus it’s a nice big bag.
Here’s what I received in October:
- theBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick in Committed (though it comes in a lot of other shades): a pinky nude shade: deluxe sample size 0.04 fl. oz. It’s difficult to estimate the value because the full size, priced at $17, doesn’t give the amount contained but I’d guess the sample is valued at about $5. I love the shade, and though I’m not a fan of matte lipsticks or anything with mint in it, I do like this lipstick. I wouldn’t buy it because I don’t buy matte lipsticks, but I’m glad I got it.
- Ayres Hand Cream Pampas Sunrise: a silky soft, very fast absorbing, non-greasy hand cream in an unusual scent with lemongrass and patchouli that I like but some might not. It comes in 2 other scents. Size: deluxe sample 0.7 oz. $6.25
- Aurora Gel Effect Nail Lacquer in Inky Dinky, a ink dark purple-blue, full size 0.42 fl. oz. $12
- Go Away Gloomy Day by LeeAnni Eco: a facial skincare serum that is Anti-aging,
Moisturizing,and Soothing to irritated skin, deluxe sample 0.5 fl. oz., value $1.50
- Coastal Scents Xpress (yet another black) Line Cosmetic Pencil: I don’t need this. Please stop, ipsy, with the black eyeliners. Full size, 1.2 oz. $2.99 sale price, reg. $4.99
This month, I received two full size products and 3 deluxe samples. The contents of the October bag for me is $30.
So far, my favorite products are theBalm liquid lipstick and the Ayres Hand Cream. I haven’t tried the nail lacquer yet because I am so bad at applying super dark shades, but I will try it. It’s sounds great. Gel effects with no UV lamp. Haven’t tried the serum yet because I have so many serums. The serum and the Coastal Scents eyeliner will most likely go in my giveaway stash.
Here’s a look at theBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes in Committed:
Impression: A decent month.
Beauty Blast November 2015
I love the Beauty Blast bag. It’s a fabric bag with an outer space design in raspberry, teal, purple, and very deep blue. It’s very attractive.
Here are the contents of the bag:
- tresTique Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Chile Red: the shade is perfect for me. The lipstick itself is so lightweight I hardly know it’s on. Although it’s matte (I wish the matte lip trend would end!), I can wear this shade too. I like it! Deluxe sample 0.02 oz. The full size product is double ended, a matte lipstick on one end and a lip balm on the other. I would really love that! The duos are priced at $28 and the website doesn’t give the size so it’s hard to estimate the value of the deluxe sample. A guess might be $7?
- ModelCo Highlighting Trio in Champagne, Peach Bellini and Bronze: cream bronzer, illuminator and blush in 3 very wearable shades for me, the colors are on the sheer side and easy to blend, size 3 x 0.04 oz. Unfortunately, the ModelCo website doesn’t give the size of the Trio that’s priced at $22 and I honestly can’t say if this is full size or a deluxe sample. I’m guessing deluxe sample, and I’m guessing $11 value.
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black: travel size 0.14 fl oz. I’ve been eager to try Smashbox mascara but haven’t had a chance to use it yet. It’s a lengthening fiber mascara that also volumizes. This version is not waterproof (good for me), but they also make a waterproof version. The full size is priced at $20, and the travel size I received is $9.
- Avancé Flawless Effects Skincare Mattifying Emulsion MT+ Sheer by Figs & Rouge: primer, pore refiner. Deluxe sample 15 ml/0.5 fl. oz., value about $19. I do not have enlarged pores plus I already have two great pore refiners from Shiseido and StriVectin so this goes in the giveaway pile.
- Luxie No. 290 (aubergine/eggplant matte) Powder Eyeshadow: full size (I think) 0.053 oz. I was going to add this cruelty-free, Vitamins C & E infused, shadow to the giveaway stash because I thought it was a deep brown shade, but seeing this in powder form online, the shade reads much more deep purple and I think I’ll try it. Full size (I think), $6.00
Impression: A Good Month! I’m excited about 4 of the 5 products. My value estimate is about $52.
Every time I think about canceling ipsy, I get an opportunity to try something I’ve wanted to try or I get a brand that I never heard of and end up loving. So I’m going to stay the course! If you want to subscribe for $10/month with free delivery in the US, I’d be grateful if you’d use my ipsy referral code! I’m trying to get enough points for the ColourPop shadow set so I need two more subscribers to get over the hump 😥Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty