I’d like to focus on products that I’ve bought or received during the past 6 weeks that are my current favorites. Getting so many subscription boxes recently has turned me on to some great products. I haven’t purchased much myself during this 6 week time period because the boxes are definitely keeping me with plenty of stuff to use!
Here we go:
- Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner Pencil in Deepest Black: I received this full size eyeliner in my Beauty Box 5 Makeup Madness box. I thought, who needs another black eyeliner pencil? Turns out I did! This affordable eyeliner pencil is very soft and extremely easy to apply to my waterline or for tightlining. It is very creamy so if I apply it to my upper waterline, it will come of on my lower waterline but I see it as doing double duty. Sometimes I just keep my eyes open while it dries to prevent that. I love this eyeliner! $5.95
- Korres Raspberry Twist Lipstick in shade Allure, red: I got this full size lip crayon in last month’s Glossybox and it was love at first sight. Allure is a true red, and it is very flattering – I think it would look great on just about everyone. It’s so easy to apply: so smooth, goes on in one swipe. The tip seems to be keeping its point though I’ve used it quite a bit – frankly, I don’t understand how it can do that but it’s still a nice point that makes application easy. The color is long-lasting enough. It does fade after a few hours but it leaves color behind. The formula feels hydrating and light when it goes on, and it isn’t drying over time. I love Korres Raspberry Twist Lipstick! $18.50
- The All Natural Face Blush in Dusky Rose: I received this full size cream blush in my BB5 Makeup Madness box, and I’m over the moon about this raisin shade blush that’s just perfect for fall. It’s made from natural and organic ingredients. And like some other natural/organic products I’ve tried, it’s a little stiff/dry in spite of the fact that it’s a cream, but I don’t mind. I just get the pad of my finger into the cream and I get it out. Once on my cheeks I blend it out with a blending sponge. The color lasts all day. I adore this shade. $5.75
- Avene Hydrance Hydrating Serum: This deluxe sample of Avene Hydrance Hydrating Serum came in one of my boxes – not sure which, maybe it was Sephora Play? Anyway, I really like this translucent white mid-weight serum. It definitely makes my skin feel hydrated and more comfortable. I can definitely see me buying a full size for the cold weather. Avene is affordable and easy to find in stores. I’ll pick it up during a CVS or Walgreen’s coupon event. Sold! $38
- Coola Face Classic Sunscreen Cucumber Moisturizer SPF 30: I think this deluxe sample was from Birchbox. This daytime moisturizer is made with organic ingredients. The white liquidy moisturizer is lightweight, and I love that. So great for summer or warmish weather that we’re still having. And it’s great under makeup. I’m not sure if I’ll buy this now since the cold weather is on its way, but I will put this on my list for next summer. $32
- Essie Gel Couture Nail Polish and Topcoat: I’m sold on this longer-wearing polish duo. I bought two polish shades, peachy Sew Me and raisin Pearls of Wisdom, and a bottle of topcoat a few weeks ago, and I’ve been wearing this pretty much constantly. While Essie claims Gel Couture lasts up to two weeks, it lasts on me without tip wear or chips for 5-7 days. That may not sound like much to you, but for me it’s great! After a week, I’m ready for a change anyway. I tried the topcoat over a Zoya polish and it helped the Zoya last longer than it normally would too. If you haven’t tried this duo yet, I think it’s worth a go! duo, $18; singles $11.50
- Tarte The Lip Sculptor: As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I picked up two more shades of Tarte’s Lip Sculptor, the double-ended lipstick/lipgloss during the Ulta Beauty 21 Days Sale at half off. I love the creaminess of the lipsticks – they are soooooooo comfortable and hydrating to wear. Keep your eyes peeled for sales at Tarte ‘coz these babies are really worth it. regular price $22
- Farmhouse Fresh Bar Soap, Coconut Cream: This huge, hydrating bar soap is in my shower. For you coconut fans, it smells terrific but it’s not an overly strong coconut scent. It also does a great job moisturizing my skin. Plus, the bar doesn’t melt away. It’s going to last me a looooooong time. $11.50
- Farmhouse Fresh Quick Recovery Mask Sampler Set: I love these masks, each and everyone of them. They smell fantastic, and they make my skin feel wonderful. I think this set is the greatest. A great way to try out FHF’s fabulous masks and a great gift item for the holidays that will be here before we know it. $22
- Rituals Sakura Bed and Body Mist and Foaming Shower Gel: OK, I’m cheating by adding in the fabulous Rituals Sakura Foaming Shower Gel in Cherry Blossom (formerly called Zensation) that I bought a while back. But I bought the lovely cherry blossom-scented Rituals of Sakura Bed and Body Mist in September. If you are a fan of cherry blossom scent, buy this affordable duo. You won’t regret it. So light and lovely. The perfect everyday scent. Mist $25; Shower Foam $15
I also love the Mirabella Masquerade Collection Eyeshadow in champagne gold, Gilt, and the Pur Cosmetics Transformation Palette that I wrote about yesterday, but I’ve only had it for a few days.
So that’s it for me! I developed a lot of current favorites in September and October.
How about you? What makes your favorites list for fall so far?
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty