The Ipsy and Sephora Play bags have similarly self-focused themes for November. Interesting coincidence. As I wrote last week, Sephora Play was kind of a disappointment for me this month. The Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara didn’t suit me: I didn’t like the fluffy brush for my downturned eyes and the formula kind of made some of my lashes stick together. I know some women really like it, but it didn’t work for me. Let’s see how Ipsy did this month.
The makeup bag itself is navy blue faux leather and a jewel-tone teal fabric (alternate bag featured a harvest gold shade fabric). Utilitarian but still attractive enough.
Here’s what was inside the bag:
- ColourPop Pressed Shadow, shade Come And Get It, a gorgeous pink/rose gold, travel size: I love this shadow. Smooth, lasting and the perfect shade for me. The alternate shade was gold.
- Manna Kadar Beauty HD Perfecting Powder: a colorless mattifying HD powder in a handy purse size. I’ll definitely use this for travel.
- Korean skincare brand SoRoCi Morning Drizzle Calming Cream, travel size: A nice lightweight, fast absorbing gel cream moisturizer from a K-skincare brand that I hadn’t tried. Has an herbal lavender scent. Nice.
- touch in SOL Advanced Real Moisture Liquid Foundation SPF 30, shade Natural Beige, travel size: The medium coverage, lightweight, buildable shade is a decent enough match. This would have been great to put in my beach bag, but I’ll use it now too.
- MAKE Lip Gloss, shade Abalone, a gorgeous neutral rose-mauve shade that I love for everyday, travel size: Perfect for me. So glad it’s gloss and not liquid matte lipstick.
Here are swatches of the foundation, eye shadow and lip gloss. The photo was taken in sunshine so they look warmer and more golden than they are.
This month’s bag give me so many products for almost a complete look – all but liner and mascara. I’m completely satisfied. Ipsy for the win! A gorgeous ColourPop shadow, beautiful MAKE Lip Gloss, and new brands for me to try. I also like getting the pressed perfecting powder – I don’t have a travel size. I’ll use everything in the bag. Although everything was travel size this month, it far exceeded the $10 I paid for the bag.
As always, if you don’t already subscribe to Ipsy or if you want to resubscribe after giving it a break, hope you’ll consider using my referral code so I can score some more points.
When I first published this post, I included some erroneous information given to me by one of the SAs at Sephora about points expiring at the end of 2017. Well, she was wrong, and I used up my points for nothing 🙁 If you keep your Sephora account active during an 18 month period, you’re all set.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Never Say Die Beauty