Ipsy arrived before Birchbox this month, and I was happy to get it because I saw a sneak peek of the adorable Halloween themed bag, Black Magic, online.
The cute metallic pink heavy plastic makeup bag is adorned with Halloween objects: witches, fangs, black cat, ouija board, candy corn, magic potion, crystal ball, a cute ghost, and lipstick. Glad to add this to my collection!
I didn’t peek at the possible goodies, so they were all a surprise. What did I get? Here they are:
- noyah Natural Lipstick, shade Currant News, deluxe sample: This natural brand is new to me, but I’m glad to get a chance to try out this pretty fall shade: a deep magenta/purple berry. full size $18, deluxe sample about $6
- Indi Beauty Buttercream Antioxidant Lip Scrub, deluxe sample I think: How did they know I needed a new lip scrub? And this one is delicious. It really tastes like buttercream. Yummy! It’s made with natural and organic ingredients. 5g $11.99
- theBalm Hot Mama Powder Blush or Eyeshadow, deluxe sample: Very pretty lightly shimmery peachy shade. It’s very close to my own skin tone so for me, it will be a highlighter I think. full size $21, deluxe sample I’m guessing is worth about $7?
- Lottie London Perfectly Precise Eyeshadow Makeup Brush, full size: Soft and cute in hot pink, this eyeshadow or smudger makeup brush will come in handy. I can always use another! $22
- Ciate Fierce Flicks Liquid Eyeliner, black, full size: I recently heard that Ciate, known for nail polish, was going to be launching makeup. I have so many liquid black liners and I don’t use liquid that much so I’ll give this one away. $19
Extra! Cashed in My Points
I have been wanting to try something from Canadian brand NUDESTIX for the longest time. Every time I go to Sephora I look at the sticks that are enticing me when I stand in line to check out. But they’re kind of pricey. So I was glad I was able to cash in my ipsy points and try one of the sticks.
The NUDESTIX mini-stick is a multi-tasker lip and cheek stick in the shade, Mystic, a neutral warm brownish shade, that’s very pretty as an everyday lipstick, lip balm, lipliner or as a blush or contour stick.
Again, I’m pleased with this month’s bag. With three full size items, it’s worth about $66! That’s way over the $10 I paid for it. Other than giving away the Ciate Liquid Liner that I would be glad to try out if I didn’t have so many already, I will use every one of the items in my bag. And I really did need some lip scrub and this is the right size too (it comes in a 10g size too).
Also, this month quite a few of the products were natural and contained organic ingredients and were cruelty-free. ipsy is really upping its offerings!
Another benefit is the ipsy and brand offers each month. Usually you can get up to 30% off on many well-known and indie brands. I consider this one of the best aspects of ipsy, and I use the discounts often.
As always, if you don’t subscribe to ipsy and want to, I’d be grateful if you’d use my referral code so I can restock my depleted points! Thank you xoxo
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty