Well, the weekend is just rolling along. I hope you’re having a good one.
On Saturday, it was cloudy. Instead of going to the beach, Jeff and I went for a long (for me) bike ride. Although jogging has always been my exercise of choice, my old knees and leg muscles aren’t what they used to be. So I’ve been trying to mix it up with different kinds of exercise. Probably a good idea after 30+ years of running. We went for a ride on a rails-to-trails pathway that goes through several towns. This time, we went almost to the end of the trail at the north end, riding on the part of the trail that hasn’t been gravelized (yes, I know that is not a word). It brought us to a park in Topsfield MA where we discovered a sport neither Jeff nor I had ever heard of: disc golf. Have you heard of disc golf? It’s played on a big course, and there are pennants/flags with numbers to mark the “holes”, except they’re not holes. The player throws his/her frisbee and tries to get it to fall into the metal mesh area that surrounds the pole underneath the pennant. It’s a strange game. Before we knew what the game was, Jeff said to me he saw a bunch of young people throwing frisbees as far as they could, not to another person, and then walking a great distance to pick them up. That about sums up the sport! Hopefully, they enjoyed it!
Later, on Saturday night, Gloucester had the first of three monthly Block Parties of the summer downtown during which the restaurants put tables and chairs out on Main Street for dinner. There’s outdoor live music along the street, and tables or booths selling crafts and other stuff. The stores are open late. And there are games and fun things for kids. We went this evening, and ended up getting burgers at Halibut Point Restaurant that’s several blocks away from the main action so it was a lot quieter. They have a lovely outdoor patio with umbrella tables and twinkling lights woven into the trees and shrubs. It was a very nice night, and a good change from cooking 🙂
What did you do so far this weekend?
And btw, if you get some down time to read a few more beauty blogposts, here’s the digest from Beauty Blog Coalition. My contribution toward the end of the list is my fairy princess manicure, in case you missed it on Friday.
- Slashed Beauty: Miranda takes us through her updated hair routine, with tips on curly hair care!
- TheFabZilla: Lipstick Files: Kathryne investigates Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Orchid 505, Rouge d’Armani Sheers Plum 604, Rouge d’Armani Sheers Pink 503. Love or leave?
- Endlessummer Blog: Adventuress – skin care that takes on the elements.
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: TATCHA Indigo Soothing Silk Hand Cream and Soothing Silk Body Butter are absolutely divine, and now are available in travel sizes.
- Color Me So Crazy: Gems, Jewels and RED for #RedCoatTuesday. Join in!!
- daydreaming beauty: Amber’s new favorite palette is Tarte’s Rainforest After Dark palette! Come see why!
- beautyXposÃ©: Made of top-of-the-line Remy hair, Irresistible Me hair extensions let you add length to your locks in a snap!
- Geniabeme: You can now build your own Birchbox at their NYC store!
- BeautyTidbits: Enter to Win the new Total Beauty All About Hair Collection worth $95!
- Makeup Life and Love: Time to get your summer makeup bag in shape, with a bit of help from #WalgreensBeauty. Find out how Jamie kicks her look into high gear from daytime into nighttime…
- I Know all the Words: Healthier nails couldn’t be easier with Nail HQ Growth Treatment and Ridge Filler
- Never Say Die Beauty: Allison created a fairy princess mani for her NOTD with just the right amount of bling
- Lipgloss Break: Lipgloss Break Reviews and Swatches CND Shellac Pink Bikini & Lobster Roll.
- Be Happy And Buy Polish: If you’re looking to spice up your manicure, try an OPI Sheer Tint like Jessica did this week.
Have a good new week!
xo AllisonClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 Never Say Die Beauty