Just in case you have had trouble getting on my site during the past week and a half, I apologize.
I am not 100% sure what’s going on. I seem to be having both problems with the coding of my site as well as issues with the company that hosts my site. If you know any affordable web developers, please let me know! In the meantime, I will keep publishing content, and hope it will be able to be seen. I’m sorry about the inconvenience, and thank you for sticking with me as I try to fix the problems.
Beauty tools don’t seem to be as exciting as makeup or as important as skincare, but they can be the backbone of our beauty routines or they can provide a little fun to make our routines less, well, routine! Here are my favorite beauty tools or accessories I discovered in 2017.
My Favorite Beauty Tools
- Aquis Lisse Luxe Hair Turban: As I mentioned previously, I was surprised when the new-to-me Aquis hair towel replaced my formerly beloved Hubaloo hair towel. The absorbent fabric and the button and loop at the bottom win every time! (reviewed here)
- Jesse’s Girl Blending Sponge: Can you imagine a blending sponge being one of the best beauty tools of 2017? Well, IMHO, this blending sponge is a steal. I’ve had it for months (I keep microwaving it and soaking it in peroxide and water to clean it as well as using Blender Cleanser), and it is still in great condition. I love the size of it, and how bouncy it is. It doesn’t absorb an inordinate amount of my foundation. I wish I could find more of these sponges in my local RiteAid. So if you see this sponge in your RiteAid, buy some. They are well worth the $3.99. (review here) Oh yes, and the adorable little leopard print mirror is from Jesse’s Girl, too!
- Face Off Makeup Remover Cloth: These makeup remover cloths are so soft and so effective as well as super easy to wash out just with soap. (review here)
- Mont Bleu Glass Nail Files: The glass nail file and foot file that I received from Mont Bleu have changed my life, well, almost! Glass files allow you to file your nails back and forth if you like without damage to the nail. I had tried another brand earlier in 2017, and it seemed fine until I tried the one from Mont Bleu. Mont Bleu is so well-made and is superior in performance to that other brand in every way. I love the Swarovski crystals on the nail file, too. I never use a regular emery board any more. Mont Bleu Glass Nail Files rock! $10.95 for 2; $19.95 for 3 (review here)
- Slip Pure Silk Pillowcases: At this stage of the game, I want to do as much as I can to prevent wrinkles, and if a silk pillowcase helps, why not – though I’m not sure how that would actually work. For me, the key advantage to the silk pillowcase is temperature and comfort. The silk pillowcase is so much cooler temperature-wise than my regular cotton pillow case, so I’m less likely to wakeup in a sweat. I remember that my mother had a silk pillowcase to keep her hair looking better though I’m not sure how it can do that either. Definitely a splurge, but a nice one. (review here)
- Rainbow (faux Artis) Makeup Brushes from Sugar & Cotton: There’s no way these inexpensive makeup brushes are nearly as good as the originals from Artis, but the soft bristles and the shinny rainbow shades of the brush handles give me joy just looking at them. Do I use them all the time? No, but they’re fun for a change from my blending sponge and normal brushes. I bought them during a sale for about $25. Now, the price has increased, but I’d keep an eye out for another big sale. (review here)
- Rosegal Blending Sponge Dryer: The two adorable blending sponge drying holders that I bought from Rosegal for about $5 for two were among the best purchases I made last year. Not only are they super cute, they actually help my blending sponges air dry faster. Get yourself a couple! 2 for $5.93 with free shipping(review here)
What were your favorite beauty tools or accessories that you discovered in 2017?