I haven’t done a Face of the Day (FOTD) post in months so I thought I would do one for a change.
So I decided to share my makeup for Thanksgiving Day. I often wear an autumn-inspired outfit and makeup on Thanksgiving, but when pressed for time, I resort to black clothing and that’s what I did this year. I wore black, grey and white, and I chose cool-toned eye makeup to go with it. The only thing I wish I had done differently was choose a different and cool-toned berry-color blush, like my Too Faced Flush Blush in Your Love Is King, but I couldn’t find it so I grabbed what was handy and it was a little off, a neutral instead of a cool-toned berry. Oh well.
Several weeks ago, there was a sale on Frends.com and I managed to pick up the Viseart Cool-Toned Matte Palette for around $50.
This past weekend, there was a 20% off sale on AlconeCo.com and I’ve been wavering about getting the Viseart Paris palette that I’d love but just don’t need.
So here’s what I used:
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, travel size $18/full size $52
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 in Sand, $48
- Tarte CC Colored Clay Undereye Corrector in Light/Medium, $24
- Amazing Cosmetics Perfection Stick Cover & Contour in Fair, $23
- Stila Convertible Color Cheek Lip Color in Peony, $25
- Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder in Fair, $8.99
- Mirabella Eye Crayon in Blackmail, $24 (upper waterline)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner Pencil in Voodoo purple (lower lash line), $19 for travel size trio
- Urban Decay Anti-aging Eye Primer, $24
- Viseart Cool-Toned Matte Palette, $75-80: light grey – middle eyelid, plum – crease and V
- Shiseido Lash Curler, $19
- butterLONDON Shadow Clutch Wardrobe Duo Moody Blues, $15, inner corner for some lightness and shimmer
- Jordana Cosmetics Twist & Shine Moisturizing Lip Crayon in Fresh Fig, a longwearing purple-red, $2.99
- YSL Beauty Rouge Volupte Lipstick in shade 21, Red In Sunlight, $36
So this was my FOTD for Thanksgiving. Did you do anything different with your makeup this holiday?