Both Ulta and Sephora have events this month for their upper level loyalty members. At Ulta, I’m Platinum and they offer 20% off everything! Even though I didn’t “need” anything, I went in to look. I ended up with some inexpensive practical items that I can definitely use, and a few splurges.
Let’s start with the practical.
- Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes, travel pack: Jeff and I are going to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon so I really need these!
- Body Benefits 4-in-1 Foot Wand: Last night I did my favorite Listerine/vinegar foot soak (have you tried it? you should! here’s my foot soak recipe) in case I want to wear sandals on our trip. I used the foot wand that I have to scrape off the dead skin, but I thought it was time for a new one. Especially since it was 99 cents minus 20%!
- Body Benefits Aloe-Infused Lounge Socks: My feet are often dry and they’re always freezing at night. I thought these made more sense than wearing running socks like I usually do. Especially for $1.99 minus 20%.
Now for the fun stuff!
I had a difficult time thinking about what I was going to buy because, truth be told, I need nothing. So I looked around, and decided that I wanted to try something new.
- Fiona Stiles Cream Eye Shadow: New to Ulta, this cream shadow by famed makeup artist Fiona Stiles fit the bill. I am a cream shadow fanatic, as you may know. I chose two shades: Hyperion: pale pink (sorry, my camera changed the shade!) and Hudson: deep copper. They are very mousse-like, it’s as if they were whipped cream! I’ll let you know what I think.
- Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil: Karen from Makeup & Beauty Blog mentioned this product as one of her favorites, so when I saw it at Ulta, it jumped out at me. You know that I’m always complaining about my dry lips. I picked up 03, the red shade (but it doesn’t really give much color to your lips; it’s not a real lip stain). I tried a similar product a couple of months ago from Milani, but the Milani Moisture Lock Oil Infused Lip Treatment has some ingredient in it that dried out my lips (no, it wasn’t peppermint oil). Chances are your lips would be fine, but mine are finicky. I tried a little of the Clarins Lip Oil on my lips (using a clean applicator, of course) at Ulta while I shopped and my lips didn’t become instantly dry so I decided to take a chance. It is very thick, has the same weird candy-ish taste/scent that the Milani oil has, and has a big oddly shaped applicator just like Milani’s. Clearly Milani was “inspired” by Clarins Lip Oi. Fingers crossed that it doesn’t dry out my lips. Again, I’ll let you know but it seems promising.
- Anastasia Brow Gel: I’m still on the hunt for brow products that suit my ever changing hair color. Caramel Brow Gel looked like a good bet. Again, I tried it in the store with a clean applicator and it looked good. Of course, my Ulta store was out of Caramel. Are there that many redheads around? I called Ulta Guest Services to ask if I could use my coupon to buy the products I needed in the store and order the Brow Gel online. The girl who answered the phone said no. So do they really want me to go and buy it at Sephora during the sale event that starts on Friday? Fortunately, the one fabulous associate at my Ulta store told me to buy one in any shade to lock in the price, and come back to exchange it when they get Caramel in stock. Smart. Why didn’t I think of that! I’m not going to open Brownette since I’m going to exchange the shade, though it looks like it could work for me too, but maybe a hair too dark.
So that’s my haul. Are you able to take advantage of the Ulta Platinum sale? How about the Sephora VIB event? What’s on your list?