Today is St. Patrick’s Day, a holiday that’s pretty big in the Boston area because we have so many people of Irish heritage. I even have a few friends who are actually from Ireland (and they won’t be the ones wearing green, most likely!).
I thought I’d break out the Celtics jacket that my dad gave me for my birthday years ago, and do a face of the day using green with some orange accents (for the orange in the Irish flag).
I looked through my shadow palette stash and came up with my Jesse’s Girl The Eyes Have It palette that has a number of different greens.
Why don’t I use that palette more often? It is one fabulous palette. So smooth and buttery, no powder dust-up at all, easy to blend. If you haven’t picked up a Jesse’s Girl shadow palette at RiteAid, you’re missing out. It think it cost $3.99. They have other color choices, so take a look!
I used four of the green shades from the palette
- the yellow green for the inner corner (1st pan)
- spring green on the lid (4th pan)
- green/brown in the crease (6th pan)
- forest green in the outer V (7th pan).
Now that’s green!
Here’s the rest of the makeup that I used for my look:
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream, Fair
- Amazing Cosmetics Perfection Stick, Fair
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Vitality Brightening Creme Blush, Je Ne Sais Quoi
- treStique Baby Blush Stick, Bora Bora Coral (just a touch over the IT pink blush)
- Maybelline Dream Wonder Pressed Powder, Porcelain Ivory
- Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eye Primer
- Jesse’s Girl “The Eyes Have It” Eyeshadow Palette
- Lancôme Drama Eye Pencil, Noir/black tightline
- L’Oreal Infallible Gel Liner, Graphite
- Smashbox Always Sharp Eyeliner Pencil, Millionaire
- Shiseido Lash Curler
- IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara
- Mirabella The Brow Pencil, Light
- treStique lBaby Blush Stick, Bora Bora Coral with a bit of MojoSpa Strawberry Mineral Lipstick on top
- Barielle Shades Nail Polish, Blossom
I love the peach nails, a new color from Barielle Shades Collection. It’s a breath of spring!
So are you wearing green today for St. Patrick’s Day? What do you think about green eyeshadow? Yea or nay?