Several weeks ago, I received a body care product to try out from a new-to-me brand, DerMend Mature Skin Solutions. DerMend makes several anti-aging products to protect and help reverse the signs of aging skin on the body. I remember years ago visiting my Aunt Dorothea in a nursing home at the end of her life. She was a beautiful woman into her 80s. In fact, I’d say she was the poster child for Modern Maturity, she was so young-looking. She was trying to recuperate from kidney surgery, and I brought clothing and skincare products to the nursing home to help her feel better. I noticed how dry and paper thin the skin on her arms and legs looked. Prior to this illness, she was always impeccably dressed and groomed, and I had never noticed how fragile her skin looked. That was a wakeup call for me.
To try to prevent my skin from getting thin, crepey and dry, I’ve been moisturizing my body constantly. I have very dry skin so I use oils, shea butter, and the richest creams I could find.
But I was surprised when DerMend introduced themselves to me. I had never tried body care specifically created for older skin. As we age, collagen and elastin production decreases not just on the skin on our face but all of our skin. 🙁 What’s different about DerMend’s products from the moisturizing body care products I’ve been using is that DerMend’s products contains anti-aging ingredients that we usually see in facial skincare products. And the anti-aging ingredients stimulate collagen and elastin production to get to the root of the problem.
Happily, I received DerMend Fragile Skin Moisturizing Formula.
On the tube, it says DerMend Fragile Skin Moisturizing Formula “helps rejuvenate thin, fragile mature skin with hyaluronic acid, retinol, glycolic acid, niacinamide and multiple ceramides.” Wow, those are all my favorite ingredients, the ones I look for in the products I use on my face. I hit pay dirt!
Here’s the complete ingredient list:
- Retinol, a form of Vitamin A, helps rejuvenate and renew the appearance of skin.
- Glycolic Acid: a form of alpha hydroxy acid exfoliates the skin.
- Niacinamide: a form of Vitamin B3 with antioxidant properties that help improve the skin’s appearance.
- Ceramides: help retain moisture, repair and replenish skin.
- Other Ingredients:Water, Glycolic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyacrylamide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Palmitoyl Glycine, Cichorium intybus (chicory) root extract, Allantoin, Retinol, Caprooyl Phytosphingosine, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Caprooyl Sphingosine, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Ceramide EOS, Ceramide NP, Ceramide NS, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, PCA Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cholesterol, Disodium EDTA, Ethyl- hexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Stearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-25, Ammonium Glycolate, Petrolatum, C13-14 Isopara n, Laureth-7, Polysorbate 20, Behenic Acid
DerMend recommends using Fragile Skin Moisturizing Formula twice a day, but because the anti-aging ingredients, particularly AHA, make skin more susceptible to sunburn, wearing sunscreen is absolutely necessary especially now that it’s summer. In response, I am using DerMend Fragile Skin Moisturizing Formula only at night. In the winter, I will most likely use it twice a day.
The cream itself is medium weight, it absorbs instantly, and it is not at all greasy. You can put it on after a shower and get dressed immediately.
Because my skin is so dry, I still like the feel of a heavy-duty cream with shea butter. So I use shea butter in the morning and DerMend at night. If my skin is super dry, I use DerMend as a “serum” and apply shea butter over it.
I am 2/3 of the way done with the 4.5 oz. tube, and I like DerMend Fragile Skin Moisturizing Formula very much. Because it contains so many great ingredients, it’s pricier than a tube or bottle of regular body lotion or shea butter. I was delighted to find that DerMend is sold at CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, RiteAid, and Meijer as well as at Lovelyskin.com. The price is around $30. But you know me, I’m always on the lookout for a deal. You can get a coupon for $3 off on the DerMend website! Right now, CVS is offering 30% off with the code SAVE30, and Lovelyskin.com has 25% off (it’s on sale for $22.49), and you can use Ebates for an additional discount. Deals like that make this anti-aging body cream more affordable.
DerMend has an entire collection of body care products for mature skin:
- Moisturizing Bruise Formula Cream
- Moisturizing Bruise Formula Lotion
- Moisturizing Anti-Itch Cream
- Fragile Skin Moisturizing Formula.
I’m hoping that DerMend will keep my skin from feeling thin and papery in the future. I’ve started lifting hand weights again so I hope that DerMend, coupled with arm exercises, will help tighten my skin and make my arms look younger and more fit for summer.
Have you heard of DerMend? Is this something you would consider trying?