Before we get too deep into May, I’ll do a quick share of my April empties, the products I used up last month.
Again, mostly skincare. One of these days, I’ll finish up some makeup. I know I will!
- Gillete Satin Care with Olay Shave Gel: I buy my shave gel in bulk at Costco. Although I tend to choose by scent or for dry/sensitive skin. I think this variety was the only choice. But it’s a thick, pleasant-smelling – fruity, I think – gel. I like it. I’m off to Costco to buy whatever they have in stock for women’s Gillette shave cream, lol.
- Sebastian Professional Penetraitt Strengthening and Repair Hair Conditioner: In spite of all the hair conditioning products that I try as a beauty blogger, Sebastian Penetraitt continues to be my favorite hair conditioner. It makes my hair silky soft without weighing it down. And it’s color-safe. I like that I can usually find it at CVS, and occasionally I’ll find it on sale at Marshall’s but there are some great deals for it online. I bought some more last week.
- Lindi Skin Eye Hydrator: I just reviewed this fabulous thick, soothing gel a couple of days ago. I finished up the first jar, and I just bought another. This is a must-have for me for my eyelids and the skin around the inner portion of my eyes. With the code BLOG25, you can get 25% off and free shipping on any Lindi Skin products.
- DermaMD Intense Soy Body Moisturizer: I finished up this fabulous hydrating lightweight gel cream (reviewed here). The company liked my review a lot and said they’d send me another jar, but I haven’t received it yet. Hope I will because I love this body cream.
- Nature Island Botanicals Citrus Sunrise Vitamin C Whipped Soap Sugar Scrub Souffle, orange, pink grapefruit & bergamot (brand review here): NIB Vitamin C body scrub smells divine, so citrusy, it’s heaven. It is a thick scrub that melts into my skin as it provides gentle exfoliation with natural and organic ingredients. I buy Nature Island Botanicals mostly when Daphne, the woman who owns and makes Nature Island Botanical skincare products, comes to the Waterfront Craft Festival in Gloucester during the summer. I have two more in different scents yet to try! Daphne also makes fabulous hand-crafted soaps, body butter including my favorite Caribbean Escape Coconut Body Butter, body oils, lotion, and facial skincare products. She sells on etsy here and can be reached by phone:
- Authentic Skin Remedies Polish Sugar Exfoliating Scrub (brand review here): Authentic Skin Remedies, a line of natural and organic multi-tasking skincare products, was founded by Amy Rueda after she developed cancer from environmental toxins. The body polish is a gentle exfoliator crafted with a blend of organic brown sugar crystals and essential Avocado Oil which helps improve circulation and acts a total body cleanser. I liked it a lot, but I have about 4 other exfoliators to finish up. I am especially in love with her coconut body cream that is a perfect summer body moisturizer, very hydrating but lightweight, and it can be used as an overnight face mask, too!
So that’s it for me for last month! What have you finished up lately?