Are you ready for New Year’s Eve? This year, Jeff and I may be staying home. But even if we do, I like to look a little fancy.
I’ll be reaching for the limited edition BECCA Après Ski Glow Eye Lights Palette.
Yesterday, I wrote about being inspired to buy IUNIK Vitamin Hyaluronic Acid Vitalizing Toner because of a blogger’s review. Today’s review was inspired by another blogger, Cindy from Prime Beauty Blog. I read Cindy’s accolades about this palette a few weeks before Christmas when I was trying to spend enough money at Sephora to maintain my VIB status for next year.
I have a thing for round palettes, and this pretty pale gold/rose gold palette etched with frosty ice called my name. Inside, there’s a huge mirror.
The gorgeous palette was on sale at Sephora for $29 marked down from $45 just after Thanksgiving, and it put me over the top to keep my VIB status. Good news for those of you who might be looking for a post Christmas self-treat that’s perfect for New Year’s Eve and beyond, because BECCA Apres Ski Eye Lights palette is further marked down at Sephora to $22.50. Plus Ebates members can get an additional 3% back. So worth it if you need a fix of satiny and shimmery neutral shades that you can use both as eyeshadows and as highlighters!
The limited edition Après Ski Eye Lights Palette is an addition to the BECCA Après Ski Glow collection that featured the Glow Face Palette of blushes, contours and highlighters. In fact, 5 of the shades are taken from the Face Palette: Pearl, Rose Quartz, Moonstone, Opal, and Topaz. Not having seen the face palette in person, I can’t say if they’re exactly the same, but BECCA says that the Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter formula was adapted for the eyes (though I use them as highlighters too!).
The shades come in two finishes: satin and shimmer. Truth be told, I wish they threw in a true neutral matte brown, but I still love the palette anyway. I either use the darker satins, or I reach for my handy little Huda Beauty Smokey Obsessions Palette for the mattes, and I’m good to go.
The shadows are not overly powdery from the pan. I tap my brush, and there’s no fallout on my eyes. They’re buttery and easy to blend. They’re decently pigmented (though IMHO not highly pigmented) with enough shimmer and bling without being disco ball glittery. They last as long as I need them to over primer which is the only way I wear them or any shadows.
A couple of the light shades are not that far off from my skin tone so they don’t show up as well as the darker ones in the photo below. Here are the swatches over Milani Eye Primer in ambient light.
- Pearl, satin: the center shade that’s perfect for the inner corner or under the brow. Use a damp brush to get more brightness if that’s what you’re after.
- Moonstone, shimmer: Oh, I love this champagne shade that’s as gorgeous as a highlighter as it is as a shadow!
- Opal, shimmer: Not sure why they call this gold shimmer shade “Opal” since most opals I know are white, aqua or black. But whatever. It’s a very pretty gold.
- Topaz, shimmer: Topaz is exactly that, a topaz/yellow gold shimmer. So so lovely!
- Toasted Marshmallow, satin: A milk chocolatey shade that I like to use in the crease.
- Hot Cocoa, satin: The color of cocoa with some red (devil’s food?) in it that, along with Toasted Marshmallow, is great for a daytime look or for the outer V.
- Rose Quartz, shimmer: Who doesn’t love a pretty pink shimmer? Also, one of my favorites to use as a highlighter if I don’t feel like finding my other pink highlighters.
I think the swatches look more impressive in the sunlight or any direct light:
At the current price, the BECCA Après Ski Eye Lights Palette is worth it if you want to add to your collection of tasteful but holiday-inspired neutral shadows with the right amount of glow.