ipsy completely surprised me this month. Why? They delivered my ipsy bag early, like the earliest I’ve ever gotten it. They sent me a notification yesterday saying the bag had shipped. I didn’t even bother to look at the tracking info since it usually takes a week from that point to get delivered. Well, yahoo!
I decided to make a video because I had no idea at all about the theme of the bag or anything that was or could be in it. As usual, I was surprised and momentarily confused.
The theme, Beauty Candy, must be a pretty spin on Halloween candy, right?
Here’s my video of me unboxing this month’s bag. Why does the frame always freeze on the most unflattering view? Does anyone know how to edit this out?
For those of you who don’t want to sit through 4 minutes of me opening the bag and reacting to my new goodies, here’s what I got:
All in all, a good bag from ipsy this month filled with products I will use! The bag is teal, quilted plastic. I don’t mind a plastic bag every now and then because it’s perfect for carrying stuff that can leak, like my contact lenses and solutions. Here’s the list of goodies in my bag:
- Starlooks lipgloss sample in “Guilty Pleasure”, a nude-pink shade, that I love and am wearing already. It’s creamy and not overly sticky with an initial caramel flavor.
- Jesse’s Girl Baked Eyeshadow in “Ocean Breezes”, two shades of wearable blue. I put some on over my existing makeup this afternoon and it is kind of a duo-chrome, shade-shifting shadow. I look forward to trying it on its own and pairing it with gray shadow.
- Acacia Protein BB Cream for Hair from Ecru New York: another hair balm/conditioner
- Skyn Iceland Glacial Cleansing Cloths (10 count). I need these, but I hope they remove makeup in addition to cleansing.
- Mango Mandarin Hand Cream from Figs & Rouge: a great-smelling natural sample size hand cream, made in the UK, that’s perfect for my purse.
Although only the eye shadow is full size,
I am happy with my ipsy bag. I still think these deluxe size samples and the Jesse’s Girl shadow are worth at least $10.
If you haven’t subscribed yet and think you’d like to give it a go, please consider using my referral link so I can qualify for extra goodies to review. Thanks!!
If you already subscribe, what did you get and what did you think?