Almost every year there are lots of holiday parties in my neighborhood: Progressive cocktail party, ladies’ Yankee Swap party, New Year’s Eve party, New Year’s Day open house. I look forward to them all. It’s a great chance to catch up with neighbors that I don’t get to see very often now that winter is setting in and everyone is inside most of the time. But this year, some of the host families are taking a break from party-giving. So Jeff and I still have to figure out how we’ll spend New Year’s Eve. I’m sure we’ll come up with something, and just in case, I started thinking about what to wear and what makeup look would go with my outfit and be festive too.
I have written a number of posts on my love of all things rose gold: jewelry, clothing, makeup. As a redhead, I look for occasions to wear rose gold. So how nice of Mirabella Beauty to send the limited-edition 4 piece Faerie holiday collection – gorgeous, shimmery makeup, some in rose gold – to me and to the members of The Beauty Council to jumpstart our New Year’s Eve holiday looks.
So don’t forget to check out how the other Beauty Council gals use their Faerie makeup from Mirabella to create looks of their own.
I decided to wear my copper sweater with shiny copper pailettes. Not only is it a great holiday sweater, but I like the fact that the colors are a little different from traditional red, green, gold and silver. I also dug into my jewelry box and found my citrine and gold chandelier earrings. Next I chose makeup to enhance those key pieces of my New Year’s Eve outfit.
From Mirabella’s Faerie collection, I received:
- Swirling Pearl Brilliant mineral highlighter: a sheer pearl shimmer almost too beautiful in the compact to use!
- Myth visionary eyeshadow, a bronze long-lasting shadow with a silky texture that sets to a satin matte buildable powder finish
- two high-shine Colour Luxe lip glosses: Luminosity – stunning rose gold shimmer gloss and Gossamer – soft pink gloss, both of which are vitamin-enriched and contain anti-oxidants that protect and have anti-aging benefits. Yes!
To create my finished look, I went shopping in my makeup stash to find products that would work with the shimmery Faerie products.
Here’s everything I used:
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream: I mixed Fair and Light
- Stila Pink Pointsettia cream blush from the LE Under The Mistletoe palette, a shade that’s between peach and brick, on the apples of my cheeks
- Faerie by Mirabella Swirling Pearl Brilliant mineral highlighter above my cheekbones
- Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder
- Urban Decay Anti-aging Eye Primer
- Urban Decay On The Run Palette: rose gold on the lid, medium brown in the crease
- Urban Decay On The Run Palette: Stag, a brown-black eye pencil to tightline and along the lashline
- Faerie by Mirabella Myth visionary eyeshadow on the outer V
- L’Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara on my lashes curled with my Shiseido Lash Curler
- Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in “Get Ready”
- Faerie by Mirabella Colour Luxe Lip Gloss in Luminosity, the rose gold shimmer
If we go out to a party or somewhere nice, I may add false lashes to the look. I’m showing this kinda weird pic so you can see a least a little bit of my sweater and earrings.
The Faerie collection created the inspiration for my coppery-rose gold New Year’s Eve look. In addition to using the Faerie collection for New Year’s Eve, the pieces are easily incorporated in everyday looks – especially the eyeshadow and lip glosses. Frankly, if I could wear the stunning Swirling Highlighter every day, I certainly would! A little highlighter to go to Market Basket or jog around the ‘hood? Why not! Check out these swatches!
Here’s a close-up swatch of the Faerie highlighter so you can see its gorgeousness better.
Mirabella makeup is new to me, and I feel good about using it. It’s natural mineral makeup, it’s made in Italy, and it’s cruelty-free. It’s sold at professional salons and at mirabellabeauty.com. The lip glosses are priced at $26, the Myth eye shadow at $29, and the stunning highlighter that will last a good long time at $40.
Now check out the other Beauty Council members’ New Year’s Eve looks! And Happy New year!!
‘); // ]]>