I didn’t think I used up very much in March, but on second look, I did pretty well.
As usual, the products I finished were primarily skincare products. No surprise. But I used up 4 hand creams! I guess that’s because we’re coming out of winter.
- H2O+ Spa Targeted Care Hand and Nail Cream: This is my favorite hand cream. It works the best for me to keep my uber dry skin hydrated and plumped. It’s on the thick side but gets absorbed completely. I reviewed it previously here. Repurchase? Already one in waiting, but I intend to buy another for my stash during the Ulta Platinum Sale Event this week because this one works the best for me.
- Ayres Hand Cream, Pampas Sunrise: I got this deluxe hand cream in either an ipsy bag or Birchbox. It’s also on the thick side, but it absorbs completely. It makes my skin very, very soft, but it isn’t quite as plumping as H2O+. But I love this hand cream not only because of the formula but mostly because of the scent. It has lemongrass and patchouli in it, two of the notes that I love, so no surprise that I like it so much. Repurchase? Not right now because I have other hand creams to use up.
- Whish Hand Remedy Rice Milk: I’ve had the Whish Hand Remedy for several months and reviewed it in the past here. It’s lighter weight than the H2O+ and Ayres Hand Creams. But it’s formula is quite different: in addition to moisturizing, it also brightens and exfoliates. Although my big dark spots are still with me, it has faded some smaller dark spots. That’s a good thing, IMHO. Repurchase? Yes.
- L’Occitane 25% Shea Butter Whipped Hand Cream: I got this tube in a spring L’Occitane box along with another L’Occitane hand cream. I’m not overly crazy about this hand cream. It is a thick cream, absorbs after a little while, and it has a strong, floral-ish scent that I don’t really like. Repurchase? No.
- Eucerin Professional Repair Extremely Dry Skin Lotion, Unscented: If you’ve got really, really dry skin like I do, Eucerin Professional Repair is the way to go. I don’t use it all the time because it’s so functional compared to the more luxurious, great-smelling lotions that I often use. The lotion is more liquid than the other body butters that I use, but it is a rich formula, it absorbs very well and is very hydrating. The hydration is very long-lasting. Repurchase? Next winter, I’ll buy some more.
- Moulton Brown Shower Gel, Tobacco Absolute: Jeff bought me my favorite scent of Moulton Brown Shower Gel, Ylang Ylang, and with it, I got a deluxe sample of Tobacco Absolute. I’m a big fan of gender neutral scents, sometimes even men’s fragrances, but this one was a bit too masculine for me. Repurchase? No.
- Nature Island Botanicals Blood Orange Bar Soap: Handmade by Daphne Frampton, natural and organic Blood Orange soap, reviewed here) is one of the most gorgeous and hydrating soaps I’ve ever used. The colors are bright and cheerful, and the orange scent is heavenly. Repurchase? Yes, of course!
- MDSUN Super Hydration B Serum: I recently reviewed this fabulous face serum here. It’s a super hydrating HA serum that my skin absolutely loves! Repurchase? I would be sobbing upon finishing up this rather pricey serum, but I fortunately have another bottle.
- Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream: This sample packet came along in the box when I purchased the new Too Faced Peach Eye Shadow Palette, and I decided to use it the other night. First, it’s green, and for me, that’s a good thing. It’s a rich night cream that is very hydrating and very soothing. I got 3 days worth of cream, and I love it. Sorry to see it go. Repurchase? If I weren’t drowning in skincare products, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. Perfect for dry/very dry skin or for winter.
- 111 Skin Space Defence Bright Eye Lift Gel: This deluxe sample of eye gel came in the Barney’s goody bag that I got last fall. I just discovered it about a month ago. It’s a cloudy, medium weight eye gel that helped give the skin above my crease more elasticity and helped it look firmer. I loved it! Repurchase? At $190 for a full size but still little bottle, it’s out of my league but on my wish list.
Makeup Related Products
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer: I bought the travel size of this primer 2 years ago. When I first tried it, I wasn’t so taken by it. It seemed too lightweight, so different from the gels I usually used. But over time, it grew on me. Now, I love how lightweight but still effective it is. It works so well under the new lightweight, water foundations. Repurchase? Yes. I plan to buy it during the Sephora VIB sale event next week.
- Shiseido Lash Curler Pad: I really love my Shiseido Lash Curler. It works so well to curl my stick straight lashes without leaving a crimp like some other lash curlers can. But after a couple of months, it’s time to change the curling pad. Repurchase? Fortunately, the curler comes with a spare pad! Unfortunately, Sephora doesn’t carry the pads anymore so I have to buy them from Shiseido.
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Liquid: After becoming disillusioned with my former favorite Rimmel Eye Makeup Remover (I think they changed the formula!), I discovered Almay. I love it. It’s gentle but it does a good job removing even mascara with built-in fibers. Repurchase? Not right now. I’m using cleansing balms that remove my eye makeup, so I’m holding off on buying more eye makeup remover and going with the multitasker.
So that’s it for me. What about you? What did you use up this month?