I really mean it. This could be my best ipsy bag yet! I love everything I got.
The theme is Side Show, and I’m not quite sure what that concept has to do with anything.
The Side Show used to be associated with something “less than” the main event, and often associated with freaks. Kinda weird IMHO. But the neoprene-type ticket shaped makeup bag fits the theme. Importantly, the outlined ticket on the bag is the exact size of my iPhone 7Plus – probably on purpose? I will be using it as my phone case for sure.
So here’s what I got in my ipsy bag:
- Luxie Dreamcatcher Precision Foundation 660 Makeup Brush: I took my flat top kabuki brush with me this weekend, and I was thinking that it was difficult to get into the crease in my nose. Next time, I’ll bring this pretty periwinkle blue handled precision brush instead! I love getting makeup brushes, and ipsy has really been delivering over the past several months. I think this is my 6th Luxie brush from ipsy! Luxie brushes are super soft and cruelty free. full size, $23
- Defy & Inspire Nail Lacquer in seafoam, Paradise Island: I adore this shade. I had recently been thinking that I needed this color, and here it is. I’ve never heard of this brand before, but I just discovered that it’s sold at Target. Hope it’s a good one. full size, $7.49
- ColourPop Creme Gel Liner, shade Best O (a deepened burgundy brown): So excited to see makeup from ColourPop in my ipsy bag! Plus it’s an item that I had yet to try from ColourPop. Plus it’s not a black liner, yay! full size, $5
- Hikari Cream Pigment Eye Shadow single, shade Honey Dew: I’m not sure why they named this shade Honey Dew because it’s not the least bit green, it’s a pinky-peach shimmer. The shade is rather translucent, so I think it would be great under the brow, in the middle of the lid on top of a similar matte shade for a pop of shimmer, or as a highlighter. Also, though it’s called “Cream Pigment”, it feels like a buttery powder. Regardless, it’s very pretty. I think it’s full size, $13
- The White Company London, Seychelles Bergamot Amber & Vanilla Hand & Nail Cream: A new brand to me. I love the scent of this greaseless hand cream though it’s a strong scent. travel size, about $3 (full size, 8.4 oz. pump $25)
So this month’s ipsy bag that I paid $10 delivered for is worth about $51.50!!! I definitely think I hit the jackpot. I’ll happily use everything in this month’s bag.
I’ve been trying to figure out whether to keep my subscription to Ipsy or to Sephora Play. This month, Sephora Play will have a tough time beating this Ipsy bag!
If you’re considering subscribing, resubscribing or giving a gift subscription, please consider using my referral code. I keep forgetting that a key benefit of Ipsy, in addition to accruing points that can be redeemed for products, is that you can get a usually decent discount (10-30%) off of all the brands that are participating in the bags whether you received them yourself or not. It’s a great deal. Here’s my referral code. Many thanks to Mary for joining ipsy via my referral code last month! xoxo
If you subscribe now, what did you get in your Side Show ipsy bag, and what did you think about it?