This month sure went by fast. Both Ipsy and Sephora Play for September arrived in my mailbox on Friday.
Both contained things I like as well as, sadly, one near miss. Let’s take a look.
Ipsy Like. A. Boss.
This month’s Like. A. Boss. themed bag from Ipsy comes in an embossed black plastic makeup bag that seems quite boss-like.
So what did I get?
- This Is Feel: Feel Renewed Pumpkin Walnut Facial Cleanser, deluxe sample: I’ve never heard of this brand, but I like this kind of little skincare pouch. Pumpkin Walnut sounds like a good fall exfoliator. Eager to try it.
- Luxie 207 Medium Angled Eye Makeup Brush, full size, $12: I adore Luxie makeup brushes, and I was happy to get this angled eye makeup brush because I don’t have one. This makes my 8th Luxie brush from Ipsy – thanks!
- Real Elemental Practice Bio Fresh Mask with Real Calming Herbs, deluxe sample: I’ve never heard of this brand either, but I love trying new masks.
- Smashbox PhotoFinish Foundation Primer, Radiance w Hyaluronic Acid, deluxe sample: I’m happy to try this new Radiance foundation primer from Smashbox that’s a rose gold shade. I like that it contains HA for my dry skin, and I hope the Radiance shade gives a nice glow. I’ll let you know.
- Elizabeth Mott Pop! Goes the Shadow, Toasted, deluxe sample: A brownish metallic, this looks like a nice subtle shade that I could wear for every day. It has a buttery, smooth feel to it. Here’s what it looks like as well as a swatch over bare skin.
With four deluxe samples and one full size product, it’s complicated to figure out the value of this month’s Ipsy bag, and I’m too lazy. But with the Luxie makeup brush alone, it’s over $10 that I paid for the bag. I like everything that I received so this month’s Ipsy bag is a win for me!
Sephora Play Fall Into Beauty
Sephora Play has an autumn beauty theme, but a hot pink satin bag that says, A Change of Face. I like the pink satin bag.
- Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel, shade 3 Medium: Here’s the big disappointment. I was dying to try this new gel brow product that everyone’s talking about. But shade 3 Medium for me? Don’t they look at our profiles at all? Sadly way too dark for me.
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, Black: I’m a fan of Stila and I’ve never tried their waterproof liquid eyeliner, but seriously, another black eyeliner?
- DevaCurl Melt Into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning (Hair) Mask: Though I don’t have curls, I suppose anyone can use this hair mask.
- Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Color, Happy: The pick of the litter, this gorgeous red lipstick makes me smile. It has a matte finish but it’s supposed to be moisturizing. Yay!
- Belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb: I bought the full size of this gel cream moisturizer, and I love it. Happy to have a deluxe sample to carry in my purse
- Giorgio Armani Acqua de Gioia Eau de Parfum: Fresh, clean, aquatic scent, but not my jam.
I’d say this was a mixed bag this month from Sephora. The winner for me, as I mentioned, was the Laura Mercier red lipstick. And I was happy to get a travel size Belif Moisture Bomb. The hair mask, though not so exciting, is something I’ll use. The major disappointment was the Gimme Brow Gel because the color was so far off for me. The liquid eyeliner from Stila is nice, but how many black eyeliners can a girl have? Stila makes liquid eyeliner in a slew of shades. Why not something besides black for a change?
Also, I liked both bags equally.
What did you get from Ipsy and Sephora Play this month?