In keeping with January new beginnings, Sephora Play called their subscription bag “Happy You Year” and it’s on the white cotton bag. Cute.
Before I get into it, I got the 6 items as usual, but thankfully, there was no perfume sample. And I didn’t miss it one bit. Instead, I got another sample. Good!
December was a good Play bag for me. So what did I get this time?
- Make Up For Ever Artist Face Color, shade Blush: This was my favorite item in the bag. Blush, a peach with golden shimmer, makes either a beautiful highly pigmented blush or highlighter. Love this. It’s perfect for me.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Lipgloss, shade Kristen: I recently reviewed the ABH Lipgloss that I bought in December. I chose the color I bought, of course, and I love the ABH Lipgloss formula. I was so happy to see this ABH lipgloss in the bag, but the color, a brownish-mauve, just doesn’t suit me although it doesn’t look so bad in the lip swatch. I cannot wear those brown lipsticks, but they must be back in vogue (calling the 90s to come get your lipsticks!) because I keep receiving them. I wore it today to do errands and wear around the house to keep my lips from drying out, but I think the color is a miss for me. In real life, I think the shade looks worse than in the photos. I wish that Sephora Play did a survey after we receive our bags like Ipsy does.
- GlamGlow SuperCleanse: Although I adore GlamGlow, a pore-refining charcoal super cleansing cream is the last thing I need. Goes in the giveaway pile.
- Clinique PepStart Eye Cream: Though this gel-cream eye cream is a bit lighterweight than I might choose, it’s a good eye cream especially if you’re younger than I am.
- Boscia Exfoliating Peel Gel: I like Boscia skincare, so I was pleased to see this. I am going to try this peel gel tonight.
- Gloss Moderne Clean Luxury Masque: At first, I thought I got two face masks in my bag, and I thought that was a little weird. But turns out this masque from new-to-me Gloss Moderne is a hair masque. The size of the sample looks a little small for my thick mop, but I will give it a try tomorrow when I wash my hair.
So that’s it. I was delighted by the MUFE Face Color, and I would have been about the ABH Lipgloss had the shade suited me more (why not a red, Sephora Play???). Except for the GlamGlow SuperCleanse that’s from a brand I love but not the right product for me, the rest of the samples were fine. Based on my preferences and needs, it was an OK bag that could have been a great bag. I was thinking of cancelling, but the fact that it had MUFE, ABH and GlamGlow in it make me want to hang on another month.
What did you get in your Sephora Play bag?