Just after receiving my Ipsy bag for June, Sephora Play arrived. The Sephora theme is ‘Summer Starters”, and their white cotton bag has cute beachgoers frolicking in the water.
Here’s what I got this month:
- Ouai Rose Hair & Body Oil: I know that Ouai is a prestige brand that I probably would buy for myself, but I was still a little disappointed to get yet another hair product. Turns out that this oil has a fabulous rose scent, not a subtle rose scent but a significant rosy floral scent. And there’s no way I’m using this as hair oil! It’s great as body oil. In fact, I’ve been applying it to my dry skin and it isn’t the least bit greasy, but it sinks in and softens on contact. I like this stuff! Glad I got it.
- First Aid Beauty Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer: I love FAB, and I am very eager to try out this coconut priming moisturizer. I’m wondering if this might be enough for me to use during the summer under foundation: moisturizer & primer in one. We’ll see. I’m glad to get this, too.
- IGK Rich Kid Coconut Oil Gel: I don’t use hair styling gel, so I’ll ask Jeff if he wants it or else I’ll give it away. Please no more hair products, or certainly not two in one bag, grrrr.
- Benefit The Porefessional: If I went through all the samples I’ve gotten in subbie bags and boxes, I must have several of these. I don’t have bad pores so I have never used this. I’ll give it away.
- Kat von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick, shade K-Dub, bold fuchsia: Obviously, this is the star product in the bag. It’s a long wearing liquid matte lippie that everyone is talking about. The fuchsia shade is perfect for summer. As I’ve complained many times, I mostly can’t wear liquid matte lipsticks, so I thought I should give this away. But I tried it over lip balm and it’s amazing, no dryness whatsoever. I’m not crazy about this purply fuchsia on me, so eventually I’ll buy this in a shade that suits me better. Nevertheless, this is a revelation for me!
- YSL Black Opium Eau de Parfum: I know I’ve tried this scent from the tester at Sephora, and I also think I’ve gotten a sample in my Sephora Play bag previously. While I can wear the original Opium, Black Opium doesn’t suit me. I tried it yesterday, and no go. That one spray used up half the vial so it’s almost finished already.
Although I discovered the KVD liquid matte lippie that I can actually wear, I’d say another meh bag from Sephora Play. Although I do get some products that I’m glad to get a chance to test out, I’m seldom really excited about these bags. I should cancel, but I foolishly think that for $10 I get to try samples of a bunch of stuff I would probably never get to try otherwise. What did you think of your Sephora Play this month?