This month, I love the satiny blush drawstring bag with Smitten and Sephora Play written in gold that’s a key element of the February 2017 Sephora Play bag.
The theme, “The Soft Side” reflects the soft shades of the lip products and the fragrance in this month’s bag. The word “Smitten” written on the bag and the bag itself reminds me of vintage lingerie are certainly appropriate for Valentine’s month. I’ve been on the fence about Sephora Play lately, but this pretty bag has won me over, for this month at least. I can use this bag for travel for keeping stockings or nice underwear in.
So did what I got in the bag equal the bag itself? Let’s take a look.
- Sephora Lashcraft Length and Volume Mascara, travel size, $12: A buildable mascara with a bristle wand that promises maximum length and volume. I wore it today, and after one use, I like it a lot. I’ve never used a Sephora branded mascara, but so far, I like this one. It was easy to apply, no clumping, my lashes didn’t stick together, and it gave them good color, length, definition and separation with little effort. I don’t apply my mascara with a specific number of coats so I can’t say how many it took for me. I don’t like big volume lashes so I didn’t continue to apply more because I liked what I got for an everyday running errands look. I’m not wearing any eyeliner or shadow, just the mascara, and I didn’t spend a lot of time on my lower lashes today. I had no flaking. It was easy to remove. In fact, you can remove it with water alone though I used Micellar Water and it came off easily. The mascara is priced like brand name mascaras like Urban Decay, Tarte, Benefits travel size, so I’m glad it lived up to Sephora’s promises.
- Clinique Pep Start Hydroblur Moisturizer, deluxe sample: I haven’t had a chance to really try this Hydroblur Moisturizer from Clinique out yet. It’s a translucent gel-cream, and it feels nice and definitely hydrating. I’m curious to see if it’s give my mature skin any kind of blur.
- Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream To Brighten and Depuff, deluxe sample: An appealing pale peach cream with brightening particles. I haven’t had a chance to try this one out yet either, but it looks nice too.
- Too Faced Lip Injection, Glossy, shade Milkshake, travel size: Since I’ve been using my Luscious Lips Lip Pump, I’m obsessed with making my lips bigger so I rushed to try Too Faced Lip Injection. Milkshake is a subtly sparkly golden shade. I immediately applied it with the doe-foot wand, and it made my lips hurt. It felt like it had a ton of something like Red Hot candies in it. So far, I don’t see any change to my lip size. I’ll keep you posted.
- Tarte Quench Lip Rescue, shade Nude, travel size: I love the pretty pink and gold paper covered cardboard recyclable case, but unfortunately Quench Lip Rescue has peppermint oil in it. In fact, I can smell it when I take the top off of the case. Boo hoo. Since I swatched it to show you the shade, I think I will try it again just in case my lips have changed, but I don’t think so.
- Prada Candy Eau de Parfum, sample: I seldom like perfume samples that I get in subscription bags, but I do like Candy from Prada. Its key notes are musk, Benzoin and caramel, and they come together to create a lightweight, warm, slightly sweet gourmand scent. Yummy.
Even though my lips had some issues with the lippies this month, I still enjoyed having the chance to try them as well as the other deluxe samples. Looking forward to using the skincare products. I think I’ll be enjoying the mascara, and I’m already halfway through the lovely Prada Candy fragrance.