Going away last month threw me off. I have 5 unreviewed subscription boxes. Oy! I’ll try to get caught up if I can. I’ll start with ipsy because they stood out more to me.
Ipsy Dreamers: April 2016
I like the summery looking colors and pattern of the makeup bag.
And the goodies inside were fine too.
- Crown Duo Fiber Brush: It’s a decent brush, though not as packed and full of bristles as the one I love from Beauty Junkees at a similar or even lower price point. But I can always use a second one. I like duo fibers for applying blush.
- Pur-Lisse Moisturizing Masks (2): Blue Lotus & White Tea and Blue Lotus & Seaweed: I can always use a couple more moisturizing sheet masks
- City Color Highlight Trio: Nice, portable highlighting purse-size palette. Goes into the giveaway pile.
- Starlooks Eyeliner Pencil in “Jet”: Please no more black eyeliner pencils for at least a year. Goes into the giveaway pile.
- Tarte LipSurgence Lip Creme in “Wonder”: I was going to toss this deluxe sample size Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Creme into the giveaway pile, too, because I had trouble wearing Tarte LipSurgence in the past. It definitely smells like it has peppermint oil in it. I went to the website and looked at the ingredients and didn’t see it listed. Do you? “Ingredients: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cetyl ethylhexanoate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyethylene, triisostearin, polybutene, octyldodecanol, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, paraffin, aroma/flavor, tocopheryl acetate, phenoxyethanol, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, triethoxycaprylylsilane, passiflora edulis seed oil, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 7 lake (ci 15850), iron oxides (ci 77499), red 6 (ci 15850)” At any rate, I decided to give this pretty poppy pink/red shade a try. It definitely has the peppermint scent but it doesn’t dry out my lips so I guess I’m good. Love the color. It has a creamy almost matte look to it. Yes!
For me, the star of the April bag was definitely the Tarte Lipsurgence Crayon. And I’m always happy to get another makeup brush. I don’t feel like calculating the value of the bag, but it’s well over $10. The full size 3g Tarte Crayon costs $24, and the deluxe sample size is 1.6 g so it’s worth $12 on its own. Yay!
Ipsy Destination Chic: May 2016
Love love love the envelope-style makeup bag with the travel print! Couldn’t be happier with it! I also love that ipsy is giving out bags in different colors to different subscribers. That’s fun too.
I also like the retro, early ’60s looking postcard that came with this month’s bag. Very chic.
So what did I get this month?
- Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow Trio: Purse size, in 3 neutral shimmer shadows. Lovely but I have lots so it goes into the giveaway pile.
- Hikari Shimmer Bronzer Quad in “Radiate”: A gorgeous portable quad with blush, bronzers, highlighters in stunning shades. I’ll give this away because I have so many blushes and I’m not a big bronzer user. But you could also use these golds as eye shadows. Very pretty!
- Smashbox X-Rated Mascara Volumateur: Travel size mascara. Haven’t tried it yet, but I usually like Smashbox mascara.
- Eva-NYC Hungry Hail Oil: Giveaway pile ‘coz I’ve got sooooooo much hair oil. Enough already!
- Hanalei Lip Treatment: Deluxe sample of a very nice lip treatment. I like it almost as much as my dear Miracle Balm.
Another good month even though I’m giving 3 out of 5 products away. I know I have just too much makeup and cosmetics. The cute MU bag alone would’ve been worth it for me! I think the ipsy makeup bags have been getting cuter and cuter over the past year or so. And the samples are definitely decent. I always wish for more full size products, but for $10 a month delivered, I know that’s an unrealistic wish. Still a great way to get to try new products and brands. If you want to subscribe, I’d be grateful if you’d use my referral code. One of these days, I hope they’ll have something I want to redeem my points for 😈
So what did you get in your April and May bags? Do share!