Beauty Junkees is my favorite great quality, affordable brand bar none. I love their brushes and sponges – IMHO, they are the best value around.
And over the past few months, they’ve launched makeup! A few weeks ago, I introduced you to their beautiful blushes (here) that fit nicely into their sturdy, well-made, affordable magnetic palette. Now Beauty Junkees have 28 eye shadow singles that you can buy on their own, in quads or in the magnetic palette as a set of all 28 shades!
I’ve been having a lot of fun with these colors over the past few weeks since I received them. They are so incredibly versatile! Plus, because there are so many matte and neutral shades, there’s a lot to choose from for those of us over 40 gals who find ourselves gravitating toward mattes and neutrals. In fact, Beauty Junkees has introduced a number of shades that are reminiscent of the shades in my spendy Viseart Neutral Matte Palette. While mattes and satins take center stage, there are also a number of gorgeous metallics and shimmers too.
Let me stop talking, and I’ll show you the swatches done over Urban Decay Anti-aging Eye Shadow Primer Potion. I’ll start with the top row and go down each of the four rows in the palette, showing the shades from left to right.
My feeling about these light neutrals is that they are rather similar. Because some are close to my skin tone, I did finger swatches, too, so you may be able to see some of the differences among them. Nevertheless, I like these shades either for the inner corner, under the brow, and I often like a light shade on my lid for everyday.
- First Snow 86: white matte
- Vanilla Freeze 111: pale peach satin
- Sugared Shortbread 166: pale rose gold metallic
- Peachsicle 113: peach satin
- Peach Vanilla 238: pale butterscotch matte
- Gold Flicker 252: peachy matte
- Winter Wheat 209: camel matte
From this group, my favorites are First Snow (a real bright white), Sugared Shortbread, and Winter Wheat.
- Iced Lace 134: I’m not even sure how to describe this gorgeous translucent shade: maybe taupey-mushroom metallic
- Stay Golden 82: yellow-gold shimmer
- Victorian Gold 135: brow-gold satin
- Tiki Shed 319: milk chocolate matte
- Brown Canyon 321: medium brown matte
- Grizzly 320: deep brown matte
- Stingray Gray 92: medium gray matte
In this group, Iced Lace is my love love love! So gorgeous on its own or as a topper on matte shades. I like Stingray Gray as a crease shade or transitional shade. Victoria Gold is so pretty, prettier than in the swatch.
- Cosmetic Peach 52: pale pinky-peach matte
- Love Affair 234: mauve matte
- Rose Beige 95: pinky-medium brown matte
- Tuscan Rose 3: browned-rose matte
- Crushed Velvet 282: purple-brown shimmer
- Brew 302: black coffee matte
- Raspberry Glaze 161: pearlized red that looks to me like a medium brown with a raspberry shift
I love so many of the shades in this row: Rose Beige is so versatile for me. Love Affair and Tuscan Rose are just so darn pretty and make nice blush shades as well as shadows. I adore Crushed Velvet and Raspberry Glaze.
- Penny Lover 254: bright copper metallic
- Dash of Curry 105: orange-brown matte
- Tiger 225: bright orange matte
- Ripe Olive 309: greened-gold metallic
- Sonic 230: forest green satin
- Blue Slate 213: blue gray matte
- Black Leather 279: deep black matte
Again, I have lots of favorites in this row. Penny Lover and Ripe Olive are my two favorites here and overall along with Iced Lace. They’re perfect for my coloring. They have just the right amount of shimmer without being too much for me to wear. Love them!
Although the shades were powdery when I was making my swatches (especially the light shades that I was packing on so they would show up against my skin), they’re much less powdery when I use them for my makeup. There is no fallout or creasing when I wear them. (I wear these and all other shadows over primer.) The shadows are very nicely pigmented IMO. The medium and deep shades show up beautifully. They last till I remove them.
I think Beauty Junkees did a great job with mattes as well as providing a mix of warm and cool tones (in fact, there are lots of cool shades). The metallic shades that they included are gorgeous. My wish is that they will come out with more metallics and shimmers going forward for those of us who like a little bling!
Here I am wearing Vanilla Freeze, Iced Lace and Tiki Shed.
Having all these very wearable shades in one place is so convenient for me. I like traveling with this palette because I don’t need anything else. The magnetic palette is so sturdy, plus I can use the huuuuuuuuge mirror, and the double-ended brush as well.
With Mother’s Day, graduations, weddings, and all kinds of social events coming up, consider Beauty Junkees eyeshadows and the magnetic palette, not only for gifting but for yourself. The shadows can be purchased as singles for $6, as a complete palette with 28 shades for $119 or in 9 different quad combinations for $19.97. The shadows and magnetic palette are sold on the Beauty Junkees website and on Amazon. Beauty Junkees has generously given me a 15% discount code for my readers: 15NEVER that is good until June 15, 2017. They’re affordable to begin with and with the 15% discount, they’re a steal. You can use the code on your entire Beauty Junkees purchase, so if you need new blending sponges or amazing makeup brushes, the code can be used on those as well.
Which shades peak your interest?
Copyright 2017 Never Say Die Beauty