Several months ago, Beauty Spotlight Team started a new feature, Most Repurchased Beauty Products.
Before I was a blogger, I bought the exact same products over and over again, often for decades! But now as a beauty blogger, I am often required to test new products and I have to stop using something I love to try something new. Nevertheless, there’s often a silver lining to that cloud – I often find new favorites. Today, I’d like to share with you the beauty products I buy over and over again even though many of them are different from the ones I bought for decades. Actually, there are even more products on my list but I don’t want you to fall asleep reading this long post!
- Dr. Lipp Miracle Balm: I adore this lip balm. It is literally the only thing that keeps my sensitive, dry lips from being dried out.
- Bioderma Micellar Water Hydrabio: I love Bioderma’s Hydrabio for my dry skin. I’ve bought 3 bottles of it over the past year. But truth be told, I like Garnier in the pink bottle almost as much.
- StriVectin TL Tightening Neck Cream: Although I love this thick, rich neck cream, I also love StriVectin’s new gel version. After I finish up the two more jars of cream I have waiting in the wings, I may try the gel again. I love them both!
- PCA Skin Ideal Complex Revitalizing Eye Gel: I credit PCA Skin Revitalizing Eye Gel with helping to tighten the skin above my crease and also for preventing milia from forming below my eyes. Pricey, but a truly great eye gel IMHO!
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream SPF 50+: I have purchased about 5 tubes of IT Cosmetics CC Cream. I love that it has a high SPF and that it provides good coverage. My only little nitpick is that I have a hard time with their shades. I’m often between Fair and Light so I have to buy both shades. Also, IT’s foundations seem to skew too yellow for me. I wish there were more options for those of us with pink tones. Finally, I experimented by buying the Illuminating version of the CC Cream, and I’ve decided it’s not for me. I think it looks greasy on my skin. I’ll be buying the regular CC Cream next time.
- Lumene Time Freeze Color Correcting CC Cream SPF 30: I discovered Lumene CC Cream at CVS. Although their shade range is limited, their Light shade is a perfect match for my skin tone. It is easy to apply, it provides great coverage, and it’s affordable. In fact, I often see it at the Ocean State Job Lot near me where it’s an even better bargain. Great stuff!
- Urban Decay Anti-aging Primer Potion: I have been a long time UD AA PP addict. But last time I purchased it, they changed from a squeeze tube to a tube with an applicator. I don’t like the applicator because I end up having to use my finger to spread it anyway. Also, the formula seems changed to me too. I don’t like it. Fortunately, Marcia from Beauty Info Zone found a travel size tube of the old formula, and she generously sent it to me. Yay! But after I finish the tubes up, I won’t be using it any longer. I’m sad.
- MAC Paint Pots: I was a long time Maybelline Color Tattoo user until I discovered MAC Paint Pots. The Paint Pots blow the Color Tattoos out of the water. Although they are more than double the price of the Tattoos, the Paint Pots don’t dry out, and they’re much creamier and easier to apply and blend. Love ’em on their own or as a base. I buy them when MAC has 25% off sales for MAC Select members.
- ColourPop SuperShock Shadows: ColourPop SuperShock Shadows have a bouncy, weird consistency, but the pigmentation is terrific and they are light as a feather on my skin. I love the shades and the affordable price. I can’t get enough.
- Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains: Jordana’s lip crayons are my favorite everyday lipstick. They are semi-opaque and balm-like, but unlike an ordinary lip balm they provide super long-lasting color. I mean the color lasts all day. It does fade if I eat a greasy meal, but even then, some color is left behind. Jordana Moisturizing Balm Stains are very affordable, and each lip crayon lasts for a loooooooong time. At $3.99, what a bargain! You can find them at Walgreens stores or on the Jordana website.
- Tarte Lip Sculptor/Double Duty: I love the Tarte Lip Sculptor lipstick/lipgloss duo so much, I bought 3 or 4 of them. The lipstick is very creamy and hydrating, and so is the gloss. Plus I love the shades – lots of great neutrals and reds.
- City Lips Lip Plumper: I’m not sure whether to consider City Lips Lip Plumper to be skincare or makeup. It’s kind of both. City Lips is wonderful for dry lips like mine. It’s so soothing. It contains collagen and a form of hyaluronic acid that work as plumping ingredients by making lips healthier and fuller. It doesn’t use tingly, irritating ingredients to make lips look fuller. Mostly, City Lips makes my lips feel good and look better. It comes in clear and in several colors. It’s expensive at $35, but it’s often on deep discount on their website and that’s when I buy it.
- Mirabella Lasting Lash Waterproof Mascara: I don’t usually wear waterproof mascara, but I adore this one. I’m on my fourth or fifth tube. It has a small wand with little plastic teeth which is the shape I typically prefer. It’s a terrific lengthening mascara that doesn’t flake or smear. $26 at Lovelyskin.com or on the Mirabella website.
- Swisspers Cotton Rounds: I buy these soft, cushiony cotton pads that don’t pill at Costco in boxes of 8 sleeves that last me about a year. Very affordable. Just terrific for makeup or nail polish removal.
- natural sea sponges: I have been using natural sponges to wash my face for decades. They are soft and don’t irritate my sensitive skin. Unfortunately, climate change has had a negative effect on natural sponges – they are disappearing – and they had once upon a time been plentiful. I hope we can get a handle on climate change and give sea sponges a chance at survival. In the meantime, I should probably switch to a synthetic sponge 😥
Bath & Body
- Nature Island Botanicals: bar soaps, body lotion and body butter in Citrus Sunrise and Caribbean Escape: I have been buying Daphne’s all natural, handmade bath, body and skincare products for at least 10 years. Her soaps are hydrating, they smell fabulous, they’re gentle but they clean very well. I always have several on hand. Daphne’s body lotion and body butter (the lotion is heavier than the butter that’s more like a soufflé) in both the energizing Citrus Sunrise and the pina colada Caribbean Escape scents are beyond fabulous. Plus they hydrate oh-so-well! It’s my favorite body lotion/butter bar none! Daphne from Nature Island Botanicals sells on Etsy and at artisan fairs in the Northeast U.S.
- RITUALS Spa Foaming Shower Gel in Sakura/Japanese Cherry Blossom: I had never used a shower gel like this before I started using RITUALS Spa Foaming Shower Gel. It’s unusual stuff. It comes in a slim metal container, and when you push on the top, a liqui-gel comes out clear but foams up on contact with water. Super cool! And the Sakura/Japanese Cherry Blossom scent is so lovely that I went out and bought the matching RITUALS Fragrance Body Mist. Spring in a bottle!
- Musc Ravageur Eau de Parfum by Frederic Malle: Fragrance preferences are so personal, so what I love, you may not. But I found my HG perfume when I discovered Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle. A big, heady, gender neutral oriental scent is truly my jam. I get more compliments when I wear this than any other scent I own – it’s perfect for me. I just wish it weren’t so darn expensive!
So these are my HG beauty products. I buy them over and over again. They really suit me. Have you tried any of my faves? Which beauty products do you buy over and over?Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Never Say Die Beauty