Somehow I lost track of time. Even though I stopped at Dunkin’ Donuts for another heart-shaped donut, I didn’t realize that Valentine’s Day is this Saturday!
This week, Jeff is in New York on business, but he asked to take me out to dinner on Valentine’s Day. Hopefully, we’re going to try a new Indian and Himalayan restaurant that we’ve never been to before that’s about 25 miles away…if we don’t get another blizzard! So I want to be ready if we can make the trip!
I recently bought the Lorac Unzipped Gold shadow palette, and I am having fun playing with it.
I am usually a matte shadow gal, but this palette has the perfect combo for me of matte and shimmer shadows. The shimmers have a glow rather than a lot of glitter. Those of you who prefer neutrals will love this palette.
I started out creating a simple light and airy look by sticking with the lighter shades in the palette as well as lighter shades in the rest of my makeup. I think it’s a nice daytime or casual look that might be just enough for the casual Indian restaurant.
Here’s what I used:
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream, Fair
- IT Cosmetics Powder Foundation, Fair
- Jordana Color Tint Blush Stick, 07 Baby Pink
Usually, I would apply Urban Decay Anti-aging Eye Primer, but I forgot! I never forget but today I did. To be honest, the Lorac shadows started to fade after about 5 hours without the primer.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eyeliner Pencil, Black Velvet on the upper waterline
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Eyeliner Pencil, Graphite along the lower lashline
- Lorac Unzipped Gold Eye Shadow Palette: Undressed: pale peach matte on the lid; Uninhibited, golden peach shimmer on the middle of the lid; Undeniable: milk chocolate brown matte in the crease and V
- Shiseido Lash Curler
- Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara
- Milani Anti-feathering Universal Lipliner
- Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Lipcolor in Infinite Petals, a mauve shade with a slight shimmer
So, I will be going with something like this for our casual Valentine’s Day celebration. I’ll be adding some glittery earrings and the handmade silk heart-embellished scarf that Jeff gave me a few years ago along with my new waterproof, insulated Keen hiking and snow boots!
What’s on your agenda for Vday? And what’s your look going to be: glam, sexy, natural, or no makeup at all?Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty