The ladies of The Beauty Collaborative got together and decided to put together all of our favorite looks for Spring 2015. I think it will be very interesting to see all the different spring makeup looks that everyone has come up with. So after you read my post, please check out the other gals’ posts listed at the end.
For many women, spring makeup and nails means pink or purple, but for me it means peach, or in keeping with this year’s trend toward metals, rose gold. If you read my blog from time to time, you may know that I adore rose gold. I have lots of makeup and accessories in that shade.
In spite of the calendar that says it’s spring, it’s far from spring here in Massachusetts. So I’m wearing a cozy peach sweater with 3/4 sleeves from Forever 21 with a variegated peach and brick crepe de chine beaded scarf from The Metropolitan Museum Store, NYC. I got out my rose gold jewelry and accessories, many pieces of which I’ve had for years:
- handcrafted rose gold earrings with peach pearls, N.W. Barrett Gallery Portsmouth NH
- Meira T rose gold necklace with rubies and diamond drops, Saks Fifth Avenue
- handcrafted rose gold ring with small colored sapphires, Union Street Goldsmith San Francisco
- vintage Bulova rose gold watch
- peach lucite and crystal Alexis Bittar bangle bracelet.
For makeup, here’s what I used.
- Estee Lauder Daywear BB Cream in Light
- Maybelline Master Conceal in Fair under my eyes
- Jordana Color Tint Blush Stick, Peach Nectar
- IT Cosmetics Celebration Powder Foundation in Fair
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Market, tight line
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Desperation along the lower lash line
- Urban Decay Anti-aging Eye Primer Potion
- Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette for eyeshadow: rose gold on my lid (1st pan), milk chocolate matte (2nd pan) in the crease, and deeper matte brown (4th pan) in the V with highlighter in the inner corner
- Shiseido Lash Curler
- Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effets Cils
- Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick, Pretty
- Mirabella Faerie Collection, LE Holiday 2014 Color Luxe Lipgloss, Luminosity
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Smooth & Strong Basecoat
- PIXEL Nail Polish, 3 coats of this shimmery sheer metallic polish
- NYC Grand Central Station Quick Dry Topcoat
Sorry I didn’t clean up the polish around the edges. Unfortunately, in spite of all the biotin I’ve been taking, the frigid, dry air has taken its toll on my nails. What nails? There’s nothing left. But I polished them anyway. I know they’ll grow back eventually!
So this was my “early spring still feeling like winter with temperatures in the teens” look.
Here’s my sweater and necklace to give you the full peach effect!
That evening, I went to an event at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem called Artopia. It was an event with all kinds of stuff going on: drummers on African drums, a rock band, knitting and crocheting at will, art by students at Beverly High School, and a wonderful cooking demonstration by Adeline Myers, a young cook who just published a cookbook called Global Meatball.
Rose gold is one of my signature looks, but I think it works for spring as well as for the rest of the year. Maybe when the snow melts, and I can see the grass again, I’ll break out the pinks and purples. What’s your favorite spring look?
And on a different topic, don’t forget to enter my Beessential Natural Skincare giveaway for a chance to win Beessential Original Honey Hand & Body Cream, Honey Lip Balm and Dead Sea Mud Soap for Dry Skin. Here’s the link. It ends late Monday night, March 30.
‘); // ]]>Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty