I didn’t get around to doing an empties post in October, so now I’m doing a double empties post for October and November. I took photos of all the empty bottles, jars and packets, and now I can’t find the bag with all the empties in it. Good thing I took those photos! And also, it’s a good indication that I have way too much stuff in my house if I can’t find a bag of empty beauty products!
- Lindi Skin Eye Hydrator: You’ve heard me sing the praises of this golden gel that’s perfect for my dry red eyelids. Repurchase? Absolutely! It’s already here. If you ever want to try it for your own dry eye area, use the 25% off code on my original review of Lindi Skin products.
- Simple Cleansing Micellar Water: I like Simple Cleansing Micellar Water, but I still wish that it didn’t make my eyes sting so I could use it to remove eye makeup. Nevertheless, it does a great job removing my face makeup, so I steer clear of my eyes when I use it. Repurchase? Yes, I just opened the new bottle. But I just noticed that Garnier has launched a micellar water, and I’d like to try it next time to see if it’s any gentler on my eyes.
- Paula’s Choice Resist Vitamin C Spot Treatment: My spots aren’t gone but they are lighter. I figure I’ll try one more tube of this cream. Repurchase? Yes.
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes: These are one of my favorite wipes. They do a good job getting rid of my eye and face makeup. No complaints. Repurchase? Yes
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover: I use this eye makeup remover in rotation with a few other brands. Even though it’s oil-free, it leaves a weird oily-ish feeling that I don’t love that much. Repurchase? I’m sure I will at some point because I always come back to this one, but right now, I’m trying out Almay’s Eye Makeup Remover.
- Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin, Nails Biotin: I purchased this brand of biotin because I couldn’t find the brand I used previously. I didn’t like the fact that I had to take a couple of these tablets twice a day in order to get the dosage that I like: 5000 mcg. Repurchase? No, I’m on to another brand.
- DermaMD Soy Body Moisturizer Intense Healing Cream: The white pump bottle is the unbranded version of this fabulous light green gel-cream body moisturizer that came straight from the lab. I adore this stuff. It is incredibly hydrating, absorbs on contact, no greasiness at all. Repurchase? Fortunately, I have one more jar that DermaMD sent me. I will treat it like gold. It’s pricey, but I think it’s worth it.
- Nature Island Botanicals Sweet & Blood Orange, Pink Grapefruit & Bergamot Soap: OMG, I adore this soap. It is gorgeous to look at in hot pink and orange, and the scent – sweet and blood orange, pink grapefruit and bergamot – is divine. It is so hydrating but it also does a great job cleaning. I love a good bar soap (I have my own shower). Daphne from Nature Island Botanicals handcrafts her soaps and all her skincare products with natural and organic ingredients. They are the BEST quality. The soap is a large bar that I cut in half and get two out of it. Any of her fabulous products makes a beautiful hostess or holiday gift! Check out Nature Island Botanicals etsy shop natureislandskincare.etsy.com or call her directly at 954-646-4005. Review coming soon of some of the new products I am currently using, but check out my original review of Nature Island Botanicals. Repurchase? Absolutely! And there’s free shipping and free gift wrap now till 12/15/15
- InstaNatural Anti-aging Skin Clearing Serum: I love the ingredients in this good smelling enhanced vitamin C serum. It contains niacinamide, an ingredient that I find effective at providing anti-aging benefits. It also has hyaluronic acid for moisture and salicylic acid. Because I don’t have acne or breakouts, I was concerned about the salicylic acid but it didn’t dry out my skin at all, and I believe it also has anti-aging benefits. Repurchase? At some point I will because I like this serum a lot, but now I have a million other serums to try out.
- Kleem Jeunesse Vitamin C Serum: Unfortunately the pump bottle that my Kleem serum arrived in was broken so I decanted it into another empty serum bottle. Kleem’s vitamin C serum has a light citrus scent and it’s a thin, easily absorbed serum. I’ve used this serum previously, and I like it. Repurchase? Again, I have other serums waiting in the wings, but I may repurchase in the future.
- Scentbird – Oscar De La Renta Oriental Lace EDP: I reviewed this fragrance that was the first one that I received from Scentbird. It was chosen for me by the algorithm/survey based on the scents I had been using and my responses to the survey questions. And so far, this is the scent that I like the best! It’s a “floriental” scent but it’s light and lovely. I love it! Repurchase? I bought a full size bottle after I had used up two Scentbird deluxe/monthly samples. On another topic, have you tried Scentbird yet? It’s an amazing service for fragrance lovers that let’s you try out a fragrance with a 30 day sample for about $15 rather than committing to a full bottle before you know you love it. Click Scentbird here for more info.
- Nordea’s Soaperie Hippie Chick Perfume Oil: I met Nordea from Brooklyn NY at a craft fair in Boston about 5 years ago. I originally bought Hippie Chick for my friend’s daughter who was turning 13. I liked it so much I bought a rollerball of the scent for myself, and I’ve purchased a bunch of them over the years. I still love it. And I love perfume oil because it lasts longer on my skin. The scent is a hippy-ish patchouli, but it’s more feminine and a bit more sophisticated than a straight hippy scent. I get so many compliments on this $12 perfume oil! Repurchase? I definitely plan to. This small rollerball is great to keep in my purse makeup bag, and it’s great for travel.
- Maybelline Color Tattoos Cream Eyeshadow in Nude Pink: I am crying because this 2 year old cream eyeshadow is dried out. This was my favorite cream shadow shade, and it also made a great base. I am soooooo disappointed that Nude Pink, a matte shade, was one of the original limited edition shadows in this line. So unfair that it was a limited edition. 🙁 Repurchase? I would if I could. I think I will buy a similar shade in a Paint Pot from MAC, but the price won’t be as good!
- Too Faced Lip Insurance: Although it is a bit drying, Too Faced Lip Insurance really and truly does help my lipstick stay on muuuuuuch longer. Repurchase? Before I spring for another, I must search my stash and see if I can find one that I thought I bought a while back. If not, I’ll get one during the Ulta discount coupon that I hope is coming soon.
- Sensodyne Repair & Protect Toothpaste: I have sensitive teeth so Sensodyne is my jam. I am also very concerned about losing the enamel on my teeth, so I’ve been alternating between Sensodyne Repair & Protect and ProNamel – not sure what the difference is between the two! Repurchase? Yes, I already have. Next time, I’ll get Pronamel again and look at the ingredient list.
- Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid Anti-Perspirant: I originally received the gel version of this from Secret to try out a while ago, and I liked it a lot even though I don’t have problem perspiration. I repurchased the solid form by mistake, and I don’t like solid APs. But I hate throwing stuff out, and I was too lazy to return it to Walmart since it’s relatively far away, so I used it up. Repurchase? I don’t know. I don’t really need “clinical strength”, but then I liked the gel form. On the fence.
So here are my empties. What have you used up past month or two?
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty