Somehow I managed to see an alert at the very end of November for the new TargetStyle Beauty Box.
This month, the women’s box was $10 instead of the $5 I paid last time. And they also had a men’s box for $5 that I should have picked up for my family’s Yankee Swap that always has more male participants than female, but the box sold out in minutes. And so did the women’s box.
My Glitz & Glam Beauty Box arrived yesterday, and I must say that I am delighted with it. What a steal for $10 delivered! It’s a much bigger box this time. As you would expect, there are a lot more items in this $10 box than in the $5 boxes I’ve gotten in the past. There’s also quite a bit of makeup in the box, so I think the theme, Glitz & Glam, fits – though I would have loved to see a metallic or sparkly nail polish in the box as well.
This is what I saw when I opened the box.
This is what I received:
- CoverGirl Star Wars lipstick, shade 30, full size, about $6.99 depending on where you shop: a gorgeous deep red
- Pacifica Eyeshadow Love Trio, full size, $9.99: lovely lightly shimmering neutrals
- Maybelline The Falsies Pushup Drama Mascara, full size, $7.49-9.99
- Cerave Eye Repair Cream, deluxe sample about $2, full size $9.99-12.99
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream, deluxe sample $2.94, full size $19.19-$25
- LaNeige Water Bank Moisture Cream, deluxe sample $6.40, full size 50 ml $32
- Goody Sweat Stretch Elastics, 3 bands, wide soft fabric-covered hair elastics: kind of a cross between traditional hair elastics and hair ties
- Clairol Hair Food Sulfate-free Dry Shampoo Infused with Kiwi Fragrance, 1.7 oz. full size, $4.99
Right off the bat, I’m a winner because I wanted to try the Maybelline The Falsies Pushup Drama Mascara and one of the CoverGirl Stars Wars lippies. Plus those two products and the Pacifica shadows are full-sized so at $25 already, I’m way over the $10 I spent on the box, yay!
I have always wanted to try something from Cerave so I’m glad to see the eye cream. I haven’t used dry shampoo since I was in the hospital with mononucleosis when I first started college many moons ago. Dry shampoo was so awful then (and I had waist length hair at the time too) that I have never tried it since. I know I am going to wash my hair tonight so I think I’ll try out the Clairol Hair Food Dry Shampoo now! Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream was my former HG moisturizer before I started blogging, and I still think it’s the best bargain for the money. I’ve been eager to try the LaNeige Water Moisturizer so now’s my chance! The Pacifica shadow shades are very pretty, and this is a great little shadow trio to throw in my makeup bag.
I’m very happy with this TargetStyle Beauty Box. Even without the Goody elastics that I couldn’t estimate, the Glitz & Glam Beauty Box was worth $42, much more than the $10 I paid.
I’ll do a full review on the Maybelline Pushup Mascara and the CoverGirl Star Wars lipstick after I have a chance to try them out.
Did you pick up the Glitz & Glam Beauty Box from TargetStyle?Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty