One of the things that I love about Birchbox is that it comes so early in the month compared to ipsy and Sephora Play. I also like the fact that you get a $1 credit to spend in the Birchbox shop or retail store for every 10 points you accrue either from Birchbox purchases or product reviews. Nice.
For June, we had a choice of a couple of boxes. Frankly, I don’t love having to make a choice because I like to be surprised about what’s in my box. And when I made my choice, I wasn’t that excited about it. But I forgot what I picked, so when the box arrived last week, I was indeed surprised. Plus I ended up liking the box far more than I expected to. Yay 😛
The theme of my box is “Multitaskers”, and I think that’s a pretty cool concept. Here’s what was in the box:
- LOC One & Done Shadow Stick deluxe sample: I love the metallic light rose gold color of this stick, Heavy Petal. Unfortunately, I guess I pressed to hard when I was swatching it because the tip broke off. Boo. I hate when that happens. But the color is great, and the longevity is incredible. I tried to tissue off the swatch from my arm and it wasn’t going anyway. That’s a good sign!
- NUXE Reve de Miel Face Cleansing and Makeup Removing Gel deluxe sample: I have always wanted to try something from NUXE, so I am very happy to get this. And perfect timing, I’ll take this with me to NYC this weekend!
- The Beauty Crop PBJ Smoothie Stick in light lavender/pink shade, Raisin The Roof full size $14.95: A moisturizing pastel lip balm with sweet almond oil. Although the shade is lighter than my lips unfortunately, it is very soothing to wear. I’ll wear it around the house. Sad that it’s not a deeper shade, but still nice all the same.
- Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturizer deluxe sample: With antioxidants and humectants, this moisturizer can also be used as a mask. I’ll use it as a moisturizer. Haven’t tried it yet. I’ll probably bring this with me on our quick trip too.
- Davines Authentic Cleansing Nectar Hair/Body: I’m skeptical about using the same thing on my hair as I use to clean my body so I’ll be using this as a body wash. I like Davines so I’ll enjoy using this rather generous travel size bottle.
- Bonus product: Davines Authentic Moisturizing Balm Face/Hair/Body deluxe sample packet: Again, I’ll use this for body.
Here are the swatches of the LOC and The Beauty Crop PBJ Smoothie Stick:
One full size product worth $14.95 definitely put me over the top on its own to exceed the $10 that the box cost. I’m happy! Plus, I will use everything in the box. No giveaway items this month!
Do you subscribe to Birchbox? If so, which box did you choose and were you happy with it? If you don’t subscribe and want to, please consider using my referral link.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty