Although I complain from time to time, I looooove subscription boxes. Who doesn’t love getting a gift in the mail once a month? And I don’t peek. I don’t like to know in advance what I’m getting. For me, the surprise is everything.
I currently get three beauty subscription boxes. That’s a lot. And one of the things that I sometimes complain about is that I occasionally get repeat items from box to box. Now that I’m an experienced subscription person, the brands that come in my boxes and bags are the same, less newness to experience.
That’s where new Indigo Beaux comes in. Indigo Beaux is a new prestige subscription box whose mission is to deliver new, high-quality and often hard to find beauty, health and relaxation brands and products from around the world. The Indigo Beaux goodies help you rejuvenate and enjoy a luxurious experience. You won’t find the same old, same old here! Plus no more samples. Full size products only! Yes!
Even the name, Indigo Beaux, is intriguing and evocative. Indigo, a blue-violet shade, is one of my favorite colors. It’s relaxing, complex and regal. Indigo Beaux says that indigo inspires the creative part of the brain, and it’s associated with spirituality. Lovely! Beaux means beautiful, and that fits with the company’s goal to unlock the inner and outer beauty of their patrons.
Indigo Beaux July 2016 Be Bold Box
Let’s take a look at their “sneak peek”, first box that just came out at the end of July. The theme is “Be Bold”.
The card that came with the box describes each product in the box and lists the price so you always know the value of your box. I like that. With my other subbies, it’s up to me to calculate the cost of each product and the box overall.
Right off the bat, the box is BIG! And it was also HEAVY! I received 5 full size products that were exactly as promised: a mix of beauty and relaxation products. I have used everything in the box already!
- Syn-ake Its Skin Formula 10 Serum: It looks like this serum is from Korea because most of the writing is in Korean. According to the product card, the serum contains peptides that are similar to snake venom to firm and improve the appearance of skin by reducing fine lines and wrinkles and evening out skin tone. I couldn’t wait to use this. The cloudy medium weight serum is dispensed with a dropper. It has a light, floral scent that disappears instantly. The serum is readily absorbed by my skin. So far, so wonderful! The amber glass bottle contains 30 ml and is priced at $23.
- Gold Label Lipstick, shade Private Jet: Private Jet is a pretty pink-rose shade. The lipstick itself is very hydrating and more like a very nicely pigmented lip balm than a true lipstick. I’ve been wearing it a lot since I received it because it’s a flattering shade and it’s so hydrating. The gold case is a little lightweight plastic, but it does the job. $14.
- ABHA Candle, scent Forever Blossom: A sweet peony-scented candle, crafted with essential oils, in a small clear glass is the perfect size to sit on the edge of the bathtub, on a bathroom shelf or even on a small bedside night table. The scent is sublime. I can’t get enough of it! $16.
- Beekman 1802 Hand Cream Fresh Cream: I was thrilled to see this goat milk hand cream that came in a wooden crate-like box that I know I’ll be able to repurpose. The box looks like it will be perfect for storing mascara or my crochet hooks! The hand cream itself is perfect: lightweight gel-cream that absorbs immediately and hydrates nicely. Plus I love the light creamy scent that smells sort of like cookies ‘n cream ice cream. 3.4 oz. $22
- Indigo Beaux Herbal Pillow Rose, Lavender & Chamomile Scent: A big pillow (measure 12″ x 6″) filled with lightly fragrant natural stuff that can be used hot/warm (heat in the microwave) or cold (place in the freezer) or at room temperature. I’ll use it to help me fall asleep, heat or frozen for my enduring back injury, cold to relieve an occasional headache or migraine. Unfortunately for me, the pillow is made with cotton fabric just loaded with butterflies. It’s very pretty, but I have a butterfly phobia and don’t like to touch anything with butterflies. Crazy, I know. So I’ll use it with another fabric on top. Wish it had flowers instead, lol. $30
The total value of the box is $105. Whoa.
Indigo Beaux Subscription
I’ll give you the quick rundown on how the Indigo Beaux subscription works, but you should also visit the Indigo Beaux website and FAQ page to get all the details. You’ll also see more of the products that you might receive in future boxes. I spied a Kevyn Aucoin burgundy lipstick that I’m drooling over.
Indigo Beaux has a different box every month. At this point (they are brand new!), the boxes are not customized, but in the future, they hope to make them more personalized. My first box definitely suited me well (except for the butterflies but how could they know!). The company hopes to include as many natural, organic and products not tested on animals as possible, but they can’t guarantee that every single item will be.
Indigo Beaux has a choice of subscriptions that renew automatically until you cancel. And you can cancel at any time. As with many subscriptions, the best deal is for the longest subscription. If I understand it correctly, I believe that your credit card is billed for the entire subscription upfront, just so you know.
- 1 month: $65.99/month
- 6 months: $61.99/month
- 12 months: $59.99/month
Shipping is free within the U.S. Indigo Beaux does ship internationally for a fee, and costs vary by country.
Indigo Beaux boxes are pricier than the run-of-the-mill subscription boxes, but the value is much greater and the type of products received is quite different. I’m impressed with this first box!
Indigo Beaux supports good works as follows: “Two percent of Indigo Beaux’s income will be donated to RAINN. RAINN stands for Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network. RAINN operates the National Sexual Assault Helpline and the DoD Safe Helpline. Not only do they administer services to survivors, they also have programs to better the criminal justice system and educate the nation about sexual violence. If you have more question about RAINN, visit their website at https://rainn.org/”
So that’s it! What do think about Indigo Beaux?
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Never Say Die Beauty