I’m still trying to decide which bag to keep: Ipsy or Sephora Play. Sephora Play continues to make this a difficult decision. This month’s Beauty Set Go bag included a number of intriguing deluxe samples for me to try.
The drawstring bag itself is a parachute-type fabric on the front and open mesh on the back. The material coupled with the saying, “Sweat is just another way to glow”, is a good pick for January when everyone is hitting the gym again. If the bag were a little larger, it would be perfect for toting around a wet swimsuit next summer.
Let’s take a look at the goodies inside.
- AmorePacific Color Control Cushion Compact: 3 different single sample shades. I know that Tan Blush and Almond Blush are way too dark for me. I hope the one at the top with “Pink Undertones” will suit me. I have an AmorePacific Anti-aging Cushion Compact, but the shade isn’t right for me. I’d love to find one that’s a good match.
- Tarte Frxxxtion Stick: I believe that this exfoliating stick is an alternative to the PUR Joystick Deep Pore Cleanser that I wrote about a few days ago, here, though it looks completely different other than it’s a stick too. Because the Tarte stick is deep purple, I can’t see the exfoliating bits like I can with the PUR stick. I’m looking forward to comparing the two soon.
- Clinique Almost Lipstick, shade Black Honey: I have always wanted to try Clinique’s Black Honey, so I was delighted to receive this deluxe sample of Black Honey tinted lip balm!
- Youth To The People Kale + Spinach Green Tea Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer: I expected to love this vegan moisturizer since I’m a big fan of the ingredients in the product title. It’s a very nice lightweight, unscented moisturizer, but it isn’t hydrating enough for me, unfortunately.
- Ouai Haircare Treatment Masque: I know that a lot of women love Ouai, but I am so tired of getting haircare products in my subscriptions. I will eventually give it a try.
- Tory Burch Love Relentlessly Eau de Parfum: I guess Sephora always includes a fragrance sample. The notes in this pale pink floral scent are pink pepper, orris root and patchouli. Though too floral for me, I think for many women, this would be an ideal Valentine’s day or night fragrance.
Although there are never any full size products, I am enthusiastic about two of the samples (Tarte and Clinique) and I was eager to try at least 4 of the 6. Who knows, I could even fall in love with the Ouai Treatment Masque once I try it. I would consider this a good bag. I’ll wait another month to decide which subscription stays and which goes!
How about you? What did you get in your Sephora Play bag?
Copyright 2017 Never Say Die Beauty