I’m still trying to decide which bag to keep: Ipsy or Sephora Play. Sephora Play continues to make this a difficult decision. This month’s Beauty Set Go bag included a number of intriguing deluxe samples for me to try.
The drawstring bag itself is a parachute-type fabric on the front and open mesh on the back. The material coupled with the saying, “Sweat is just another way to glow”, is a good pick for January when everyone is hitting the gym again. If the bag were a little larger, it would be perfect for toting around a wet swimsuit next summer.
Let’s take a look at the goodies inside.
- AmorePacific Color Control Cushion Compact: 3 different single sample shades. I know that Tan Blush and Almond Blush are way too dark for me. I hope the one at the top with “Pink Undertones” will suit me. I have an AmorePacific Anti-aging Cushion Compact, but the shade isn’t right for me. I’d love to find one that’s a good match.
- Tarte Frxxxtion Stick: I believe that this exfoliating stick is an alternative to the PUR Joystick Deep Pore Cleanser that I wrote about a few days ago, here, though it looks completely different other than it’s a stick too. Because the Tarte stick is deep purple, I can’t see the exfoliating bits like I can with the PUR stick. I’m looking forward to comparing the two soon.
- Clinique Almost Lipstick, shade Black Honey: I have always wanted to try Clinique’s Black Honey, so I was delighted to receive this deluxe sample of Black Honey tinted lip balm!
- Youth To The People Kale + Spinach Green Tea Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer: I expected to love this vegan moisturizer since I’m a big fan of the ingredients in the product title. It’s a very nice lightweight, unscented moisturizer, but it isn’t hydrating enough for me, unfortunately.
- Ouai Haircare Treatment Masque: I know that a lot of women love Ouai, but I am so tired of getting haircare products in my subscriptions. I will eventually give it a try.
- Tory Burch Love Relentlessly Eau de Parfum: I guess Sephora always includes a fragrance sample. The notes in this pale pink floral scent are pink pepper, orris root and patchouli. Though too floral for me, I think for many women, this would be an ideal Valentine’s day or night fragrance.
Although there are never any full size products, I am enthusiastic about two of the samples (Tarte and Clinique) and I was eager to try at least 4 of the 6. Who knows, I could even fall in love with the Ouai Treatment Masque once I try it. I would consider this a good bag. I’ll wait another month to decide which subscription stays and which goes!
How about you? What did you get in your Sephora Play bag?