During the week, I usually stick to neutral mattes or neutrals with a little shimmer. But for holidays, it’s fun to kick it up a notch. This year metallic eyes are in, but I think metallics are in any year. It’s a classic look IMHO.
On Sunday evening, Jeff and I went to a holiday party at Flatrocks, an art gallery in Gloucester. Even though it wasn’t a fancy affair, I still wanted to look festive. I wore a black and white outfit, and I decided to go with a cool-toned silvery black metallic eye. Ulta Beauty and People Style Watch helped me add some new goodies to my stash. Thank you, thank you! I recently realized that the vast majority of my eyeshadow palettes are from Ulta Beauty. I was thrilled when I found the fabulous Japanesque Pixelated Color Eye Shadow Palette at my local Ulta Beauty Store!
This is what I did:
- To anchor my eye look, I primed my lids with Urban Decay Anti-aging Eye Primer.
- I tightlined my upper waterline with Lancome Drama Liqui-Pencil in Noir. That pencil really is as advertised. It doesn’t come off on my lower waterline!
- Next I used the Japonesque Pixelated Color Eye Shadow Palette to create my metallic look. I used my brand new IT Cosmetics eye brush from the Must Have Airbrush 3 Piece Face & Eye Travel Brush Set to apply the shadow. I placed matte neutral pale peach Shade 02 in the inner corner. I used a metallic grey Shade 05 across the lid, matte milk chocolate Shade 03 in the crease, and black matte Shade 04 in the V. I don’t think I’ve ever used a black eye shadow before. This was my initiation, lol. I blended it all, and then used a touch of silver shimmer Shade 08 in the middle of the lid.
- I went back and created a cat eye with the Lancome eye pencil in Noir. I’m getting a little better at it. My downturned eyes really look better with the uplift that a cat eye can give. I’ve started creating the lift from the outer 2/3 of the eye and then connecting the line and filling it in.
- I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Riot (purple) to line the outer 1/3 of my lower lashline.
- I finished the look with Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara.
I thought about wearing red lipstick, but I knew this was an arty, granola-ish crowd so I went with a more restrained rose shade instead. I had to laugh. I may have been one of the few women at the opening who was wearing eye makeup or noticeable eye makeup, but it made me feel good!
Happy Holidays and enjoy the festivities! What’s your go-to holiday look?
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty