There are about 20 million holiday gift guides out there, so you don’t really need another one from me. Also, when it comes to purchasing a significant gift for a friend or family member, you probably don’t need help. But when it comes to small gifts or stocking stuffers, I think I can suggest some ideas that you may have missed. Many of the gift ideas are new, but a couple are suggestions from last year that I still love.
- Aquis Lisse Luxe Hair Turban: I have loved the Hubaloo Hair Towel that I’ve been using for the past few years, but when I got to try the Aquis Lisse Luxe Hair Turban, I must admit I like it better. It has thicker, more absorbent fabric that takes more water out of my hair. Most importantly, because it’s a turban, it’s easier to put on and secure in place with the button and loop. They still make the regular Aquis towels, but I strongly recommend the turban. $30-40 depending on length and fabric. Full review here.
- Scent Trunk: Scent Trunk is a unique (as far as I know) fragrance-creation service that will create a bespoke scent for you or for whomever you gift it to. They send you a test kit of 6 small rollerballs of key fragrance notes: citrus, aromatic, woods, chypre, amber, and floral for $4.95 for the shipping, and you give them feedback online on which ones suit you and which ones don’t. From that information, they craft a scent just for you or for the giftee, and they send it out in a purse-size atomizer for $11.99. It’s a subscription service, so you can arrange to receive your scent once a month or less often, and you can cancel anytime. For men as well as for women. They nailed it with the scent they created just for me!
- L’Oreal Holiday Makeup Kit: L’Oreal’s holiday makeup kit that’s sold exclusively at Ulta (reviewed here) is a beautiful all-in-one set of makeup in shades that are great for the holidays or for anytime. The kit includes two gorgeous powder shadows in shimmery pink and champagne that can also be used as highlighters. It also include a looks-great-on-everyone shade of red matte lipstick, a black Infallible Eyeliner pencil, and black Voluminous Mascara. $29.99 at Ulta.
- LUSH Santa Baby Lip Scrub: Every year I get a new one of these cuties. Red sugar scrub that tastes like Coca-Cola with edible red hearts. What could be better? And it works. $9.95.
- Glass nail files: The glass nail files that I received from Mont Bleu last spring have just about changed my life. I love the purse size file with Swarovski crystals that they sent me. And the foot file works well too. For $10+, you can get 2 or 3 of these terrific nail tools. reviewed here.
- Acrylic Glitter Tea Spoons, Salad Serving Fork & Spoon, Cake Knife: Several months ago, I picked up a gold glitter acrylic teaspoon made in Italy at a local gift shop. I love eating yogurt with it or using it as a honey or jam spoon. It is so cute and so much fun to use. A must-have for all glitter girls! Recently, I picked up the serving fork and spoon and the cake knife. They’re so cute that they’re tough to find in stock. I bought mine at Mimi’s in Manchester MA, and 10 days ago I saw the teaspoons in sparkly red, blue or gold at Didrick’s in Belmont MA. Call them to see if they’re still in stock. Or here’s a link to an online store that hopefully has the teaspoons in stock.
- NYX lip sets: NYX really does it with affordable lip gifts for the holidays. There’s the Meet the Metallics Lip Vault set of 12 mid-sized Soft Matte Lip Creams exclusively at Ulta for about $25 (there’s a $10 off $25 with code 501976 now), and several different smaller lip sets that I just saw at Walgreen’s for under $15. Ulta also has the huge vault for $65 that I reviewed last year (here).
- Affordable earrings and pendant necklaces from Chrysalism on Etsy: Jeff’s older daughter gave me a wonderful pair of lightweight, dangling raw crystal earrings from Chrysalism a few months ago. I love them, and the website is such a find for affordable, artisan-made jewelry.
- Anything from Uno Alla Volta: If you have a little more money to spend, I strongly recommend that you visit Uno Alla Volta and peruse their gorgeous artisanal handcrafted jewelry, scarves, purses, accessories, and home decor items. This year, I wrote about my silk water marble scarf, heart-shaped druzy earrings, amber and sterling silver pendant necklace, and floral glass floating necklace. Right now, they’re offering 15% off necklaces, and free shipping on everything. Uno Alla Volta is one of Jeff’s favorite catalogues/websites to shop for gifts for me, thank goodness 🙂 See what catches your eye!
- Besame Mini Lipstick Set: If you have any vintage lovers among those you’re shopping for, check out the Besame Mini Lipstick set for $25. The tiny lipsticks are a great way to try their shades, each chosen to represent the most popular color in 5 different years in the past. At less than an inch in size, they’re perfect to tuck into a pocket or tiny purse when you go out.
- Huda Beauty Obsessions Shadow Palette: Huda Beauty mini shadow palettes come in 4 shade families: Warm Brown, Electric, Mauve, and Smokey for $27. I recently bought Smokey but haven’t had a chance to review it yet. The shades are buttery and pigmented. This is a terrific buy for yourself or for a gift.
- Necklace for Essential Oils: It seems like everyone is into essential oils these days. So instead of getting an EO lover another bottle of oil, get her an essential oil necklace that allows her to wear her favorite EOs anytime. I bought one for myself on Amazon a couple of months ago (reviewed here), and I love it. It’s pretty and cost only $10.
- Blending Sponge Holder Drying Stands and Brush Cleaner Pads from Rosegal: Rosegal is a Chinese (I think) website that has the cutest stuff that’s just about free and has free shipping as well. During the summer, I ordered two heart-shaped brush cleaner pads ($3.16 the price went down $2!) and two adorable blending sponge holder drying stands ($4.56 the price went up a dollar lol) that are the best way to quickly dry your sponges – those prices were for 2 of each including free shipping. The shipping took two weeks so order now if you want them for Christmas. I was afraid that the stuff I ordered would be cheaply made, but they were good quality. Great site for stocking stuffers! (review here)
Well, I could go on forever, but these are a few of my suggestions. Also check the gift shop of your local museum for other interesting and often unique gifts. Happy shopping!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Never Say Die Beauty