I’ve begun measuring time in ipsy bags. I can’t believe another one is already here! And a spring-y one it is: Floral Fantasy in a pretty floral bag with painterly flowers against a cerulean blue background. Spring is supposed to start in a couple of days, and though it’s far from spring around here, I can dream by looking at the floral bag. 😆
When I first opened my bag, I thought it was meh. But after trying some of the products, it has grown on me.
Here’s what I got:
- Jessica Liebeskind Vintage Illuminating Face Highlighter in Crystal Pink – full size, price unknown, sold out product
- Baby Boo-boo Coverup, camouflage concealer in shade, Medium – deluxe sample – $10 (full size=$20)
- NYX Butter Lipstick in Hunk, a deep raspberry purple – full size $6
- dr. brandt anti-aging mattifying lotion – deluxe sample – est. $9 (full size=$60)
- pur-lisse 4-in-1 gentle soy milk cleanser and makeup remover – deluxe sample – est. $6.50 (full size=$36)
This month’s bag had two full size products and three deluxe samples. Without the price of the Vintage Illuminating Highlighter, my bag this month was worth $30+, well over the $10 I paid but less than last month. Still good.
So why did I say “meh”?
- I was happy to get the NYX Butter Lipstick because it’s a great formula. Unfortunately, the deep raspberry shade is not my shade, and either of the other two options would have been better. I’ll save it for my next assorted makeup giveaway.
- I LOVE the Boo-boo Coverup. It’s a full coverage concealer for acne, scars, bruises etc. so it easily handles my little bit of discoloration. But Medium is too dark and too yellow for me. Today I wore it under my Fair BB Cream, and it seemed to be OK. But I wish the sample was Light, but samples are never Light. This concealer seems like it may be worth buying and adding to my concealer collection. Unfortunately, Light doesn’t come in the “baby” size like Medium does, and there is no discount through ipsy on this product. Boo hoo, Boo-boo!
- dr. brandt is a fabulous prestige skincare brand, and I love dr. brandt skincare. But with my dry skin, I don’t need or want mattifying anything in spite of the anti-aging ingredients. I will give it a try to check it out, and if it doesn’t work, I’ll try to gift it to a friend with less dry skin.
On the plus side,
- I have been using the other pur-lisse cleanser that I got a few months ago from ipsy when I travel. I like the fact that this new one removes makeup as well as cleanses. I don’t know yet whether it lathers, but I hope it does.
- I like the illuminator, and I’ll use it.
Do you subscribe to ipsy? If you do, what did you get and what did you think???? If you don’t but want to, I’d be grateful if you’d use my referral link.
On a different note, have you entered my Beessential Natural Skincare Giveaway yet? If not, click on over here and join in. They are wonderful products that’ll help your skin get in shape for spring!
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 Never Say Die Beauty