First, congratulations to Leigh, the winner of the Coui Skincare UV Facial Sunscreen! I believe that Leigh lives in Florida so she’ll get a lot of use out of the sunscreen. Thank you all who entered and don’t give up. I’ve got at least two more giveaways coming up as soon as I can write them up: one is a luxury moisturizer with SPF and the other is an eye shadow palette. Plus I’ve gotta do a giveaway of a cosmetics mix bag soon or I’ll have to move out of my house, lol. Stay tuned!!
On another topic, I decided to take the plunge and spend $7 to get the summer Target Beauty Box. Basically, the box is free, and the $7 pays for the shipping and handling. I passed on the Winter box, but I’m glad I got this one. A stylish small black box with the red Target logo and “beauty box” in white letters arrived in my mailbox about a week ago.
Inside along with pretty red tissue paper, there were 5 products, a mix of full size and deluxe samples.
- Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polish in Boom Boom, a perfect summer hot pink – full size, $1.99
- Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Gladiolus, an orange red – full size, $7.99
- Olay Regenerist Luminous Dark Circle Correcting Hydraswirl Eye – full size, $23.99
- Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Leave-In Styling Creme – deluxe sample 2 oz., $10
- Cutex Advanced Revival Nail Polish Remover Pads – 3 pads, sample $1.20
Total Box Value = $45.17 Woo hoo! I paid $7 😆
Here’s what I thought:
- Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polish in Boom Boom: Love the shade, goes on so easily, lasted 3 days before it started to chip as a result of very hard wear on my part (e.g. gardening for hours, washing dishes with no gloves.)
- Revlon HD Lipstick in Gladiolus: The perfect shade for moi! Sometimes it looks red red, and sometimes orange red, both are pretty! I love this lightweight, lightly hydrating formula.
- Olay Regenerist Luminous Dark Circle Correcting Hydraswirl Eye: I’ve been using this under my eyes but I haven’t been using it long enough to see if it’ll fade my dark circles. Nevertheless I like the gel cream formula.
- Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Leave-In Styling Creme: I don’t use this type of hair product so it goes in the giveaway pile.
- Cutex Advanced Revival Nail Polish Remover Pads: Wow, big surprise here! This nail polish remover pad did exactly what it said it would do: removed my Sinful Nail Polish from all 10 nails very easily and left my nails feeling hydrated via “botanical oils”.
And here are swatches of the lipstick and the nail polish:
I’ve used and really like 4 out of 5 products in the Target Summer Beauty Box, and I’m sure the Fekkai styling creme is wonderful too. The Beauty Box was well worth the $7 I paid for it. I’ll be checking out the next Beauty Box from Target this fall.
Did you get the Target Summer Beauty Box?