I know I’m overwhelming you with boxes lately, but I’ve been in subscription box heaven. A while back, I got to try out a Beauty Box 5 box, and I really liked the assortment of beauty products.
A couple of weeks ago, I saw a post on Facebook about special boxes that were available to buy from bb5 without committing to a subscription. There were 3 boxes at 3 different price points: $5, $8 and $10. Being the middle of the road person I sometimes am, I bought the $8 box.
The Makeup Madness box just arrived yesterday so let’s take a look. I haven’t really had a chance to try all the products yet, but I thought it would be fun to take a look at the items and give my first impressions. I’ve included links to the boxes and to the products in case you’re interested. They are NOT affiliate links.
I got 5 full size items, I think, in the box and one generous deluxe sample. In addition, I received 3 other samples. Let’s look at what came in the box.
- bellaPierre Cosmetics Snow Flake mineral Shimmer Powder, full size, $15: This is the one product for which I could have used a product card (there wasn’t one in the box this time). In the past, I’ve tried bellaPierre Cosmetics mineral eye shadow that also comes in a small round sifter jar. So this could either be a mineral eye shadow or a highlighter. Actually, I looked it up on the bellaPierre website and it’s a Shimmer Powder. The shade is Snow Flake, a shimmery white, is a highlighter though it could also be used to add bling to a matte eyeshadow. It gives a nice white shimmer but isn’t too out there. Very pretty! Perfect as a winter highlighter ‘coz it really does look like snow!
- Glamour Dolls Mermaid Lashes Splashproof Mascara, full size: I looked this up too, and I discovered that it’s sold out and they’ll be bringing it back in Sumer 2017. So hopefully that means it’s really good! I’ve never tried Glamour Dolls brand before, so I’m happy for a chance to try it. It has a traditional football shaped applicator. I’m looking forward to trying it soon. Another of their mascaras is priced at $4.99 so I’m assuming this is about the same price.
- Chella Beauty Satin Lip Crayon, shade Passionate Pink, full size, $18: The outside of the crayon is red so I assumed it was a red lipstick. But it’s not. It’s Passionate Pink, a great hot pink shade. Good either way! According to the Chella Beauty website, Satin ‘keeps lips soft and moist”. Now that colder weather is on it’s way, I’m glad to get a non-drying lip crayon. I haven’t worn it on my lips yet, but when I swatched it, it went on very smoothly.
- Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eyeshadow Primer, 5 g deluxe sample. $10: I’ve gotten one of these in an ipsy bag earlier in the year, and I like it a lot. Glad to have another.
- The All Natural Face Lip and Cheeks, shade Dusky Rose, full size, $5.75: This vegan matte cream blush is a gorgeous shade that I’d describe as raisin. I’ll be using it a lot because the shade is absolute perfection for fall. Plus it’s made with organic jojoba and argan oils and mica. So smooth and nicely creamy. I love it!
- Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner Pencil, shade Deepest Black, full size, $5.95: This is definitely a deep, smooth black. I’m eager to try it and see if it stays put.
Here are the swatches of the bellaPierre Shimmer Powder, The All Natural Face Blush, Chella Satin Lip Crayon, and Prestige Eyeliner.
The three extra samples I received are:
- Love Life Skin Intensive Recovery Serum, sample packet
- h2o+ Micro Collagen Moisturizer, deluxe sample
- Sally Hansen Toe Spacers: I’ve gotten take off my old toe polish and put on a new fall shade. These will come in handy.
I’m incredibly impressed with this BB5 $8 Makeup Madness box. Adding up the cost of the items that came in the box, it’s worth about $60. Wow, what a deal! And the good news is that I’ll use everything in the box. I’m glad I took the plunge! It looks like all three special boxes are still available. Click here if you’re interested. I think they make a nice treat or little gift for someone.
BTW, I don’t subscribe to BB5, but if you’re interested, it’s $12/month including delivery, and I think the price goes down if you commit to a longer period. BB5 is available to Canadians for an extra $3 shipping cost. Here’s the link to my post about BB5 last fall.
Did you pick up any of the Beauty Box 5 special boxes?